This keto cheese sauce will become a staple in your cooking repertoire as it is super versatile. It’s a quick and simple recipe and even Dan can make it! It can turn any boring old meat and three veg into keto heaven. This keto cheese sauce recipe has been one of our most popular recipes and we decided it was time to give it an update. In my opinion, this keto cheese sauce is better than any cheese sauce I have tried, including a version that would have flour in it. It is thick and creamy and extremely cheesy and is a great way to add some fat to lean meats and vegetables.
Keto cheese sauce
Making a traditional cheese sauce involves flour and milk, which are both out once on a ketogenic diet. Replacing milk with pure cream (heavy whipping cream) was a pretty straight forward option, but Erika needed to find something to thicken the sauce in place of the flour.
So she did some experimentation with other thickeners like coconut flour and xanthan gum, but didn’t like the texture of the finished product. She was looking for a smoother, silkier sauce. So what better to thicken this keto cheese sauce than cheese itself! The cream cheese and parmesan cheese give both body and flavour to this delicious sauce.
The great thing about making this sauce, compared to a more traditional version, is that you just pop everything into the saucepan and whisk. No need to be making a roux, whisking in the milk and then worrying about lumps. It is quick and pretty much foolproof. Personally, I think it tastes better than the original too.
Recipes that use keto cheese sauce
Our keto cheese sauce recipe has become the base of quite a few of our dinner recipes. We just love it that much. If you love this keto cheese sauce as much as we do, make sure you give these recipes a go.
For us, we always have a block of full fat Philadelphia cream cheese in our fridge. It’s one of our favourite keto ingredients. It can be used in sweet or savoury recipes and we love to use it in many of our recipes. We recommend always have a block of cream cheese in the fridge so you can at least whip up this quick and easy keto cheese sauce any time.
Check out these great keto recipes using cream cheese;
We love keto sauces as a wonderful way to add flavour and fat to your favourite proteins or vegetables. It is a really easy way to keep your meal keto while also making it taste delicious.
Check out some of our favourite keto sauces.
- These keto cheese sauce can be made ahead and stored in the fridge for a few days. Just reheat in a saucepan on the stove top.
- If you find it is lumpy, you can use an immersion blender to make it smooth or whisk rapidly.
- This sauce with add delicious flavour and fat to any steamed vegetable side dish. Simply pour it over the top if your favourite steamed vegetables.
- It also makes a great cheese vegetable bake or casserole. In a baking dish, pour our yummy keto cheese sauce over cooked broccoli or cauliflower, grate some cheese on top and bake in the oven.
- Who doesn’t love Alfredo pasta? For a quick and tasty keto-friendly version pour our keto cheese sauce over zoodles or konjac noodles.
- Try one of our most popular recipes, our Keto Tuna Mornay
- You could also use this sauce in your own version of a keto-friendly lasagne! Check out our easy keto lasagne recipe here
Disclosure: The above post may contain affiliate links. We may earn a small commission from purchases made through these links, at no additional cost to you. Everything we recommend on our website are products we use and love. Thank you for supporting Have Butter will Travel and allowing us to share our low carb experiences with you.
You may need –
Keto Cheese Sauce
These keto cheese sauce recipe is perfect on top of steamed vegetables, poured over your favourite protein like chicken or steak and is so quick and easy to make. It is a great way to add flavour to a meal. It is so smooth and creamy and the cheesiest cheese sauce you will ever taste. In my opinion, this keto cheese sauce is just as good, if not better than the cheese sauce we had as kids. Just typing this, I am craving this sauce, it is just that good.
If you like this recipe, please give it a 5 star rating.
If you like this recipe you may also like…
- Keto Nut Butter
- Roasted Capsicum Dip
- Keto Reuben Dip
- Keto Cream Cheese Dip – Pesto
- Keto Pimento cheese
- Smoky Romesco Sauce
- Keto Mushroom Sauce
- Keto Satay Sauce
- Keto Blueberry Sauce
- How To Make Hollandaise
- Add all ingredients to a small saucepan and heat over medium.
- Whisk to combine and let simmer for a few minutes to combine and thicken slightly.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
NOTE THIS IS BASED ON THE INGREDIENTS WE USED, NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION MAY VERY DEPENDING ON THE INGREDIENTS USED.
Nutrition Per Serve