A reuben sandwich has always been one of Dan’s favourite flavour combinations. When Erika decided to experiment with a keto reuben dip, Dan couldn’t have been more excited. This keto reuben dip recipe combines all the delicious flavours of a reuben including corned beef, sauerkraut, swiss cheese, pickles and a ketchup based sauce. This baked reuben dip is perfect to take to a pot luck or BBQ. It will be very popular with everyone, including all your non keto friends.
Keto Reuben Dip
This keto reuben dip is best served hot. We would recommend serving straight out of the oven. This hot reuben dip can be made ahead and reheated easily in the oven prior to serving. This easy reuben dip is so simple to make and is a real crowd pleaser. It is perfect to include as part of nibbles at a BBQ or a get together with family and friends. We are always on the look out for recipes that we can serve our non keto friends and this baked reuben dip is bound to be one of the first finished off the table.
We really enjoyed eating this keto reuben dip with our favourite Epic pork rinds. In America, they are easily accessible at Whole Foods Market. If in Australia, like us, you can easily order them here on iherb. Dan was also seen just eating it with a spoon.
While we were experimenting with this recipe, Dan really enjoyed taking this keto reuben dip to work with some pork rinds and olina crackers for her lunch. It was easily reheated in the microwave and worked perfectly for her lunch.
Corned beef is one of those dishes that bring back childhood memories. For Dan, it was a staple in her family’s house. It was often served with white sauce, cauliflower and mashed potato. She remembers making corned beef and mashed potato sandwiches regularly. When she explained this to Erika for the first time, her comment was “carb on carb”.
Corned beef and cabbage was popularised by Irish immigrants and has become synonymous with St Patrick’s day in America. You may be wondering, is corned beef keto? As many traditional recipes include sugar in the cooking process. There are a few easy options to make your favourite corned beef recipe. You could just leave out the sugar all together, use the Sukrin brown sugar replacement or try this great keto corned beef recipe from Sugar free Mom a go.
This keto reuben dip recipe can use either leftover corned beef or store bought corned silverside from the deli section of the supermarket. This dip is such a great way to use up any leftover corned beef from the night before.
- This keto reuben dip is best served hot. It can be pre cooked ahead of time and warmed in the oven before serving.
- Use either leftover corned beef or corned silverside that you can purchase at the deli section of the supermarket.
- Our favourite way to serve this dip is with some Epic pork rinds.
- This dip also works really well served with seed crackers like Mia Ringsparr Seed crackers, Olina seed crackers, Loka lupin crackers, Jilz crackers and Low carb co crackers.
- Dan’s favourite way to eat it, is to just use a spoon.
Disclosure: The above post may contain affiliate links. We may earn a small commission from purchases made through these links, at no additional cost to you. Everything we recommend on our website are products we use and love. Thank you for supporting Have Butter will Travel and allowing us to share our low carb experiences with you.
You may need –
Keto Reuben Dip
This keto reuben dip is the perfect dip to take to a BBQ or a family get together. The dip is full of all the perfect flavours from a reuben sandwich including the corned beef, sauerkraut, pickles, swiss cheese all mixed in with a delicious thousand island style sauce. Even though this dish is called a dip, it can easily double as a tasty lunch or dinner.
If you like this recipe, please give it a 5 star rating.
If you like this recipe you may also like…
- Honey Teriyaki Sauce
- Avocado lime dressing
- Baked feta with olives
- Everything but the bagel dip
- Keto bread & butter pickles
- Keto Nut Butter
- Roasted Capsicum Dip
- Keto Reuben Dip
- Keto Cream Cheese Dip – Pesto
- Keto Pimento cheese
- 250 g cream cheese, softened (8oz)
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup sugar free tomato sauce
- 2 tsp horseradish cream
- 2 tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp cracked pepper
- 1 tbsp chives
- ⅔ cup sauerkraut, finely chopped
- ½ cup dill pickles, finely chopped
- 200 g corned beef, diced (4oz)
- 85 g swiss cheese, grated (3oz)
- Pre heat the oven to 180C/350F
- Place the cream cheese, mayonnaise, tomato sauce, horseradish, cracked pepper and onion powder in a bowl and beat using electric beaters until mixture is combined and smooth. This could also be done using a food processor or mixed by hand.
- Add the sauerkraut, chives, pickles and corned beef to the mixture and stir to combine and coat all of the corned beef.
- In a small baking dish, place the mixture and top with the cheese. Place in oven and bake for 30 minutes. Our baking dish was 4 cups/1 quart in size.
- Allow to sit for 5 minutes before serving. Best served hot.
Jan Eustance says
Thanks!! Recipes and videos are great.
Thanks so much Jan!
Donna Yob says
Made this amazing recipe for guests and no one even guessed that is was a low carb recipe. Very yummy. Thank you again for your amazing recipes and dedication.
Oh I love this recipe