Cauliflower, to be honest, is pretty bland by itself. It’s a great ingredient to use as a substitute for potato for sides like cauliflower mash or faux potato salad. We wanted to find a way to jazz up cauliflower. This keto cauliflower casserole transformed that bland cauliflower into delicious cheesey, creamy, bacon goodness.
Keto Cauliflower Casserole
BACON! Yes!!! Delicious. Lets add some leeks and try that. Oh Wow. This is it. We had no idea how this dish was going to turn out and we were totally surprised and impressed. This dish was a total surprise to us as to how well it turned out. So good that I was really excited when we had left overs for dinner the next day.
Roasting the cauliflower in the oven, rather than boiling or steaming it, reduces some of the water than comes out of it when cooking it. This ensures your finished bake is cheesey and delicious and not watery. Roasting the cauliflower also gives it a nice texture and flavour.
Cauliflower is great for keto!
Cauliflower is a fan favourite in the low carb community as it is a great substitute for potato and other carbs. Cauliflower rice is a really popular option, so much so that you can even buy it at the supermarket now! We love cauliflower rice or cauliflower mash with butter chicken or beef stroganoff, you will not miss regular rice, trust us.
After you make this super delicious keto cauliflower casserole you may be looking for some more cauliflower inspiration, check out some of these awesome cauliflower based recipes –
This keto cauliflower casserole is an excellent meal for the whole family. It can be hard to find great keto recipes that will be a hit with the kids. Kids will love this. It is basically Keto Mac and Cheese. It’s all the delicious parts of a mac and cheese, minus all those carbs.
If you are looking for more recipes to serve up to the whole family try our Keto Chorizo Chilli (just adjust the chilli heat depending on your family’s preferences), our Keto Oven Baked Meatballs and one of our most popular recipes – Keto Tuna Mornay.
Serving suggestions for Keto Cauliflower Casserole
- On it’s own. This dish is very filling and would be really good by itself as a main meal.
- Perfect on the side of a yummy steak
- As a decadent side dish for any grilled chicken or fish
We would love to see your delicious cauliflower creations, tag @havebutterwilltravel on Instagram or Twitter.
Check out our other delicious keto meal recipes –
- Creamy Roasted Chicken Thighs with Bacon & Leek
- Keto Broccoli & Cheese Soup
- Keto Spinach & Cheese Pie
- Pan-Fried Salmon with Curry Sauce
- Keto Curried Sausages
- Keto Poke Bowl
- Keto mac and cheese
- Keto Egg Salad
- Keto Pumpkin Soup – Curry & Coconut
- Keto Teriyaki Salmon
- 1 batch keto cheese sauce
- 500 g cauliflower (1lb)
- 200 g bacon, diced (1/2lb)
- 1 leek, thinly sliced
- ½ cup cheese, grated
- Pre heat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius or 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Cut the cauliflower into small florets and spread out on a baking tray/sheet
- Roast in the oven for 25-30 minutes or until the cauliflower is tender (a knife inserts easily into the stalk)
- While the cauliflower is in the oven, add the diced bacon to a frying pan. Cook on medium-high until it is crispy. Then add the leeks and reduce to medium-low to caramelise
- Arrange the cooked cauliflower in the bottom of a baking dish/casserole dish
- Add the cooked bacon and leek mixture into the cheese sauce and stir to combine
- Pour the cheese sauce mixture over the cauliflower and spread evenly
- Sprinkle with grated cheese
- Bake in the oven for 20-30 minutes, or until it is golden brown and bubbling
Nutrition Per Serve
Disclosure: The above post may contain affiliate links. We may earn a small commission from purchases made through these links, at no additional cost to you. Everything we recommend on our website are products we use and love. Thank you for supporting Have Butter will Travel and allowing us to share our low carb experiences with you.