Steak and mushrooms is a classic combination and you can’t go past our keto mushroom sauce next time you are grilling up a steak. The combination of brandy, Worcestershire sauce and cream in this sauce is just delicious.
Keto Mushroom Sauce
It is so quick and easy to make and basically works as a side dish as it is full of mushrooms. This sauce would also be great served over grilled chicken or to pimp up your vegetables. This keto mushroom sauce is one of Dan’s favourites. We often serve this up with a medium steak and they are a match made in heaven.
Mushrooms are an excellent source of nutrition. All edible mushrooms are a source of fiber and protein. Some mushrooms are a great source of selenium, B vitamins and vitamin D.
- If you don’t have brown mushrooms available you can use your preferred mushrooms
- After you have rested your steak, add the juices to the sauce to really boost the flavour
- If you prefer an alcohol free version you can leave the Brandy out of the recipe
Have you tried a keto creamy mushroom sauce with your steak? It is certainly a staple in our house. Let us know in the comments below how you like it.
Check out some of our other delicious keto sauce recipes –
- Honey Teriyaki Sauce
- Avocado lime dressing
- Baked feta with olives
- Everything but the bagel dip
- Keto bread & butter pickles
- Keto Nut Butter
- Roasted Capsicum Dip
- Keto Reuben Dip
- Keto Cream Cheese Dip – Pesto
- Keto Pimento cheese
- 200 g brown mushrooms, sliced (7 oz)
- 1 tbs french shallots, finely chopped
- 1 tbs butter
- 1 tsp worcestershire sauce
- 30 ml brandy (1 oz)
- 1/2 cup pure cream (HWC)
- salt and pepper
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat, Add butter and French shallots and gently sauté. You do not want them to brown, just sweat and turn translucent
- Increase the heat slightly and add the mushrooms. Cook until they have browned
- Remove from the flame and add the Brandy, then return to the heat and cook off the alcohol. Cook until most of the liquid has evaporated
- Add the cream and Worcestershire sauce. Bring to a simmer and then reduce the heat to low. Allow to simmer until the sauce has come together and slightly thickened
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve
NOTE: THIS IS BASED ON THE INGREDIENTS WE USED, NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION MAY VARY DEPENDING ON THE INGREDIENTS USED.
Nutrition Per Serve
Disclosure: The above post may contain affiliate links. We may earn a small commission from purchases made through these links, at no additional cost to you. Everything we recommend on our website are products we use and love. Thank you for supporting Have Butter will Travel and allowing us to share our low carb experiences with you
Yes, I make this – a l;a Steak Diane! With creamy cauli mash and vegies. (and delicious on top of beyond burgers for the vegetarians)
It’s so good on steak. We love it!
John Burns says
Made this tonight, but added a couple of chopped garlic cloves.
Absolutely amazing, will definitely be doing this again soon. Thanks
Thanks John, Glad you liked it. We love it on steak. Perfect combo.
Easy and delicious! We paired it with a pork loin.
Yum. I have been wanting to try pork chops and would love to add this mushroom sauce to it.
Love this sauce, have had it with steak and chicken. So good. Thank you
Two of the best ways to have it.
Yum made this for tonight’s dinner to go over chicken. I added some fresh thyme.Yum!
Oh I like the addition of the fresh thyme
Who say’s diet? LOL. This is oooo rich and creamy. I also added thyme and lots of freshly ground pepper over some beautiful organic fillet steak.
Thank you for the recipe and also the free recipe book. I can’t wait to try some more of your delicious offerings.
Thanks Claire, So glad you enjoyed it.
Yummy! This is wonderful. If you love mushrooms you have to try this sauce. I made added to grilled chicken breast and it was a hit with everyone. I will add more shallots and some fresh garlic to it next time, but was very good as is. Would be very good with steak or grilled cauliflower.
Yum. That sounds great.
Kevin kelly says
Just whisked this up minus the brandy, not because I don’t like alcohol, I’m Scottish haha, just didn’t have any in the house. This is one of the best sauces I’ve ever tasted and transformed by rump steak. Thank you for the recipe I look forward to trying out the satay one. 5 big stars!!!!!!!
Awesome – so glad you enjoyed it!
Absolutely delicious. Love the peppery taste.
Glad you enjoyed it.