Steak and mushrooms is a classic combination and you can’t go past our keto mushroom sauce next time you are grilling up a steak. The combination of brandy, Worcestershire sauce and cream in this sauce is just delicious.
Keto Mushroom Sauce
It is so quick and easy to make and basically works as a side dish as it is full of mushrooms. This sauce would also be great served over grilled chicken or to pimp up your vegetables. This keto mushroom sauce is one of Dan’s favourites. We often serve this up with a medium steak and they are a match made in heaven.
Mushrooms are an excellent source of nutrition. All edible mushrooms are a source of fiber and protein. Some mushrooms are a great source of selenium, B vitamins and vitamin D.
- If you don’t have brown mushrooms available you can use your preferred mushrooms
- After you have rested your steak, add the juices to the sauce to really boost the flavour
- If you prefer an alcohol free version you can leave the Brandy out of the recipe
Have you tried a keto creamy mushroom sauce with your steak? It is certainly a staple in our house. Let us know in the comments below how you like it.
Check out some of our other delicious keto sauce recipes –
- Keto bread & butter pickles
- Keto Nut Butter
- Roasted Capsicum Dip
- Keto Reuben Dip
- Keto Cream Cheese Dip – Pesto
- Keto Pimento cheese
- Smoky Romesco Sauce
- Keto Mushroom Sauce
- Keto Satay Sauce
- Keto Blueberry Sauce
- 200 g brown mushrooms, sliced (7 oz)
- 1 tbs french shallots, finely chopped
- 1 tbs butter
- 1 tsp worcestershire sauce
- 30 ml brandy (1 oz)
- 1/2 cup pure cream (HWC)
- salt and pepper
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat, Add butter and French shallots and gently sauté. You do not want them to brown, just sweat and turn translucent
- Increase the heat slightly and add the mushrooms. Cook until they have browned
- Remove from the flame and add the Brandy, then return to the heat and cook off the alcohol. Cook until most of the liquid has evaporated
- Add the cream and Worcestershire sauce. Bring to a simmer and then reduce the heat to low. Allow to simmer until the sauce has come together and slightly thickened
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve
NOTE: THIS IS BASED ON THE INGREDIENTS WE USED, NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION MAY VARY DEPENDING ON THE INGREDIENTS USED.
Nutrition Per Serve
Disclosure: The above post may contain affiliate links. We may earn a small commission from purchases made through these links, at no additional cost to you. Everything we recommend on our website are products we use and love. Thank you for supporting Have Butter will Travel and allowing us to share our low carb experiences with you