As it comes into entertaining season here in Australia, we have found ourselves looking for some keto friendly entertaining dishes that we can serve to our family and friends. This keto baked camembert recipe is the perfect entertaining recipe. It is so simple to make and will be one of the first things to go at the family BBQ.
This is a sponsored post by Low Carb Emporium, Australia’s leading online shop for our favourite keto friendly products. All products recommended in this post are based on our personal favourites.
Camembert cheese was first produced in the 18th century in Camembert, Normandy in the North of France. It is very similar to Brie cheese, which is from the Brie region of France. It’s a soft creamy cow’s milk cheese and is easily found in most Australian supermarkets. In Australia, we have several different options including double cream and triple cream Camembert.
Camembert and Brie are very similar cheeses. Both of these cheeses have a white mould surface and are known as surface ripened cheeses. The inside of these cheeses are a soft creamy texture and the outside has a white rind. They do have some differences though. Brie tends to have a higher fat content at 65% with camembert closer to 45%.
If you are wanting to make this dish and looking to increase the fat content, choose a brie or camembert with a higher fat content. The higher the fat content the richer and creamier the cheese is likely to be.
Hawthorne Hill Farms Sugar-Free Jams
We first found these jams when we were on a weekend away in Launceston and we went and checked out Evandale Sunday markets. You could imagine our excitement when we saw a whole range of sugar free jams, sweetened using xylitol.
They have sugar free varieties of the following jams:
- Rhubarb and Apple
- Mixed berry
- Orange and Lemon Marmalade
- Lemon and Lime Marmalade
We buy these jams from Low Carb Emporium.
We are so lucky here in Australia now to be able to get access to some delicious keto friendly cracker options.
If you are looking for the best keto crackers you can buy to go with your baked camembert, here are some of our favourites.
- Olinas seeded crackers available at Coles and Woolworths.
- O&B finest seed crackers from Woolworths
- Keto Kitchen crackers from Low Carb Emporium
- Low Carb Co crackers from Low Carb Emporium
- Loka crackers from Low Carb Emporium
You can also make some really delicious keto crackers. These are some of our favourite go to home made keto crackers –
- Salami crackers
- Cheese crackers
- Everything but the bagel cheese crisps
- Easy keto crackers from gnom gnom
- Seed crackers from Diet Doctor
- Fat head crackers from Ditch the Carbs
Low Carb Emporium
Low Carb Emporium is the premium online low carb website in Australia. They launched in October 2017 and have grown to be the stockists of the best low carb products Australia has to offer. We love Low Carb Emporium and place an order with them every couple of months. Although at the moment it feels like we are ordering more like every couple of weeks.
Jack and Yvonne have gone from shipping products out of their garage to now needing a warehouse to distribute all our favourite products. We were lucky enough to be invited to check out their new premises and were impressed by all the wonderful products they have in stock now.
For this recipe you can purchase the below ingredients from Low Carb Emporium using our code for a discount – HAVEBUTTER5
- Feel free to choose your favourite soft cheese. Camembert and Brie will both work perfectly for this recipe.
- We used a small cast iron pan to bake ours in, but you can use a small baking dish or a ramekin. It will even work on some baking paper on a baking tray.
- If you want to experiment with the flavours of the toppings, you could also use different nuts like pecans or pine nuts.
- If you can’t access the Hawthorne Hills apricot jam, you could use any other sugar free jam that is keto friendly.
- Our favourite way to serve this is with our favourite keto crackers. We have a few favourites now. If you want to know what crackers we prefer check out the crackers section above.
- Serve on a keto grazing platter
- Serve as a keto side with your favourite protein and salad. This would be a delicious served with some grilled chicken.
- I have been known to just eat some of this straight from the oven with a fork.
Disclosure: The above post may contain affiliate links. We may earn a small commission from purchases made through these links, at no additional cost to you. Everything we recommend on our website are products we use and love. Thank you for supporting Have Butter will Travel and allowing us to share our low carb experiences with you.
You may need –
Keto Baked Camembert – Apricot & Walnut
This keto baked camembert will quickly become one of your favourites to serve at a family and friends get togethers. The sweetness of the apricots paired with the creaminess of the Camembert is a perfect combination. The walnuts add a nutty flavour and a delicious texture with the creamy soft warm cheese.
If you like this recipe, please give it a 5 star rating.
If you like this recipe you may also like…
- Roasted Capsicum Dip
- Keto Reuben Dip
- Keto Cream Cheese Dip – Pesto
- Keto Pimento cheese
- Smoky Romesco Sauce
- Keto Mushroom Sauce
- Keto Satay Sauce
- Keto Blueberry Sauce
- How To Make Hollandaise
- Keto Pesto
- Pre heat oven to 180C/350F and line a small baking dish or ramekin with some non-stick baking paper. The closer in size the baking dish is to the cheese the better
- Place the camembert in the lined baking dish and score the top of the cheese with a cross-hatch pattern in the rind
- In a small bowl stir together the jam, walnuts and thyme
- Spoon the apricot and walnut mixture on top of the cheese and spread it over the top. If it drizzles down the side of the cheese a little that is fine
- Place the cheese in the oven and bake for 12-15 minutes until the top is golden and the cheese is all melty and gooey
- Serve immediately with your favourite seed crackers or just a spoon!