So, the past week we have been experimenting with being dairy free. We suspect dairy may not be our friend and are trying dairy free for a couple of weeks to see how we feel. This has forced us to be a bit more creative with our meals. This led us to this delicious smoky romesco sauce.
We are used to adding creamy sauces and cheese to a lot of our meals to add flavour and fat. We have found this sauce to be a perfect substitute.
If you haven’t had a go at roasting your own capsicums (peppers) yet, you should definitely give it a go. It’s really easy and a great way to control the ingredients. Store bought ones are likely to be stored in nasty vegetable oils. Check out how to make your own here.
Roasted capsicums (or peppers for our US friends) are so sweet and delicious. We love having them on hand to add to an omelette or scramble for a tasty breakfast, or as part of a salad. If we have some stored in the fridge we can easily make this sauce when we want it.
- If you don’t have time to roast your own capsicums (peppers) you can use store bought roasted peppers in the jar
- Make a batch and store it in the fridge for up to a week. It keeps well and is great to have to add to any meat or seafood for dinner
Struggle with lunch ideas? access our free ebook now
Check out some of our other delicious keto sauce recipes –
- Keto Pimento cheese
- Smoky Romesco Sauce
- Keto Mushroom Sauce
- Keto Satay Sauce
- Keto Blueberry Sauce
- How To Make Hollandaise
- Keto Pesto
- How to Make Mayonnaise
- Keto Cheese Sauce
- Keto Guacamole
- On top of any of your favourite meat. It is delicious with grilled seafood, chicken and steak.
- As a dressing or sauce on a salad. You can thin it down with a splash of boiling water if you prefer to be able to drizzle it. We love it on top of a salad of grilled prawns and chorizo on a bed of rocket (arugula)
- Stir through zoodles or konjac noodles as a delicious vegetarian pasta alternative
- Use as a dip with crudités, salami crackers or cheese crackers
- Cut some hard boiled eggs in half and top with a spoonful of smoky romesco sauce for a delicious lazy devilled egg
Smoky Romesco Sauce
Romesco sauce is a delicious red pepper & nut sauce that originated in Spain. At 1 net carb per serve it's a wonderful low carb option to add to your meal.
Place all the ingredients except the olive oil into a blender and blend on high until fairly smooth.
Add the olive oil to the mixture in the blender and blend until completely combined.
NOTE: THIS IS BASED ON THE INGREDIENTS WE USED, NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION MAY VARY DEPENDING ON THE INGREDIENTS USED.
Get your FREE eBook - 10 Easy Keto Packed Lunch Ideas
6 exclusive new recipes
Meal prep tips
10 quick and easy lunches
Never have a boring lunch at work again!