We love these keto jalapeño poppers and they have long been a favourite of mine. They were a weekly staple for us and we loved to serve them with oven-baked chicken wings. This keto jalapeño popper recipe is a great dish to serve on game day or at a family get together. They are a real crowd pleaser and will be the first dish to disappear off the table. Just be warned, it is very easy to eat the whole tray all by yourself. That is how good these are.
Keto Jalapeño Poppers
Jalapeño poppers are a very popular appetizer in the US. When we have travelled to the US, we would often see these on the menu. The versions we saw in the US, were usually breaded and deep fried. We knew that we wanted to come up with a more keto-friendly jalapeño popper recipe.
Erika was sure she could replicate the flavours of jalapeño chillies, cream cheese and spices. Erika came up with the idea of oven baking them, so she created a cream cheese filling, loaded it into the jalapeño chillies and baked them. We knew we were onto a winner after the first bite.
Even though we have never had a superbowl party, we would definitely serve these keto jalapeño poppers as part of a keto spread for a superbowl party or even a game day party. In Australia, the equivalent to the superbowl would be the AFL or the NRL grand final. It would be common to have a BBQ get together on grand final day here and we have been known to serve these keto jalapeño poppers the our friends and family.
If you love jalapeños as much as Erika does and you are looking for more great keto jalapeño recipes, make sure you check these out.
- Keto jalapeno cheese bread
- Keto jalapeño popper taquitos
- Keto jalapeno cheese crisps
- Keto cheesy jalapeno chicken
- Keto jalapeno cream cheese dip
Make sure you let us know what your favourite keto jalapeno recipes are in the comments, as Erika would love to add more jalapeno recipes to our regular rotation.
Jalapeño chillies are a medium-sized chilli with a mild to moderate heat amount. I have a very low chilli tolerance and I find jalapeño chillies are the just right amount of heat for me. They are a very common ingredient in Mexican dishes. Erika loves to add jalapeños to her dishes. She has been known to add them to her scrambled eggs, cheese tacos and on top of our chilli.
Jalapeño chillies are a member of the nightshade family along with tomatoes, eggplants and potatoes. They can also vary in heat depending on when they are picked and how old the plant is. Chose the green, smooth jalapeños for a more mild heat.
Cream cheese is such a versatile ingredient that we always keep some on hand in our fridge. It can be used for either sweet or savoury dishes and is the key ingredient in one of our most popular recipes, cheesecake muffins. We have always chosen Philadelphia cream cheese, but have just found out that the Aldi brand is exactly the same, just branded differently.
Here are some of our favourite keto cream cheese recipes.
- White chocolate cheesecake
- Cheesecake bites
- Cheese sauce
- Cream cheese dip
- Fathead pizza dough
- Black forest trifle
- Cloud bread
Keto side dishes
Sometimes, keto can be a bit boring. If you have just been eating cooked protein and a side of steamed vegetables with butter on top, you have been missing out. Side dishes are a great way to add flavour, fat and variety to your keto plate.
We love to pair some our favourite keto proteins, like chicken tenders, with the best keto side dishes we can find. If you are looking to add some great keto side dishes to your favourite keto recipes, check out these:
- Stuffed mushrooms
- Curried zucchini
- Loaded cauliflower
- Cauliflower casserole
- Cauliflower mash
- Zucchini salad
- Cauliflower rice
- Cheesy asparagus
- Try to choose the largest jalapeños available. The bigger the jalapeños the more filling they can take.
- Wash your hands after deseeding the jalapeños. I learnt this one the hard way. The heat of the jalapeños is mainly in the seeds, you don’t want to rub your eye with some of the seed residue on it.
- I like to leave the stalks intact when cooking them so they hold their shape. They also give you something to hold on to, when you pick them up and eat them.
- Our favourite was to serve keto jalapeño poppers is with baked chicken wings. It feels like takeaway and a treat without all the carbs.
- They are the perfect appetizer to a keto Mexican feast.
- They are delicious served with chicken tenders.
- We also love to serve these keto jalapeño poppers with this delicious chorizo chili.
Disclosure: The above post may contain affiliate links. We may earn a small commission from purchases made through these links, at no additional cost to you. Everything we recommend on our website are products we use and love. Thank you for supporting Have Butter will Travel and allowing us to share our low carb experiences with you.
You may need –
Keto Jalapeño poppers
This keto jalapeno popper recipe this the perfect keto side dish. It is packed full of flavour with the heat of the chilli, the smokiness of the paprika and the creaminess of the cheese. At 15g of fat per serve, they are the perfect savoury fat bomb. Savoury fat bombs are great as you get the fat without the sweetness, that can easily trigger sweet cravings.
Do you love keto jalapeño poppers as much as we do? Let us know what you like to serve them with in our comments below. Dan is always looking for ways to incorporate them into our meals.
Check out some of our other delicious keto recipes.
- Keto mac and cheese
- Keto Egg Salad
- Keto Pumpkin Soup – Curry & Coconut
- Keto Teriyaki Salmon
- Keto Creamy Pesto Pasta
- Easy Keto Lasagne
- 18 of the Best Keto Soup Recipes
- Keto Chicken Soup
- Keto Taco Casserole
- Easy Keto Dinner Recipes
- Preheat oven to 200C/400F
- Cut the jalapeños in half lengthwise and remove the seeds and membrane with a teaspoon. I find they keep their shape better after cooking if I leave the stem in where possible
- Combine the cream cheese, half of the grated cheese, garlic powder, coriander and smoked paprika in a small bowl. Mix well
- Fill the jalapeño halves with the cream cheese mixture and place on the lined baking sheet cut side up
- Sprinkle the remaining grated cheese on top of each jalapeño
- Cook in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until the cheese is golden and bubbly and the jalapeños have softened