These keto jalapeño poppers are one of Dan’s favourites. We love to have them with chicken wings and this meal feels like a real treat. These are perfect to serve your friends on game night or as a weekend special treat. What’s not to love about these cheesy morsels.
Keto Jalapeño Poppers
Jalapeños are a mild chilli pepper that is popular in Mexican cuisine. Dan’s chilli tolerance is very low, but she can tolerate jalapeños, so we use these chillis a lot in our cooking to add a little bit of heat. Keto jalapeño poppers are very popular in the US and we fell in love with them when travelling in the US. We knew we could easily make a keto version and they quickly became a staple in our weekly meal plans.
- Try to choose the largest jalapeños available
- Wash your hands after deseeding the jalapeños
- I like to leave the stalks intact when cooking them so they hold their shape
Our favourite was to serve keto jalapeño poppers is with baked chicken wings. It feels like takeaway and a treat without all the carbs.
They are the perfect appetizer to a keto mexican feast.
We also love to serve these keto jalapeño poppers with this delicious chorizo chili.
Do you love keto jalapeño poppers as much as we do? Let us know what you like to serve them with in our comments below. Dan is always looking for ways to incorporate them into our meals.
Check out some of our other delicious keto recipes.
- Keto Turkey Roast with Cherry Sauce
- Keto Singapore Noodles
- Kombucha marinated chicken thighs
- Keto Egg Drop Soup
- Keto Nachos
- Porcini Meatball Stroganoff
- Keto Sausage tray bake
- Keto Laksa – Chicken
- Keto Osso Bucco Stew
- Creamy Bacon Noodles
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees celsius
- Cut the jalapeños in half lengthwise and remove the seeds and membrane with a teaspoon. I find they keep their shape better after cooking if I leave the stem in where possible
- Combine the cream cheese, half of the grated cheese, garlic powder, coriander and smoked paprika in a small bowl. Mix well
- Fill the jalapeño halves with the cream cheese mixture and place on the lined baking sheet cut side up
- Sprinkle the remaining grated cheese on top of each jalapeño
- Cook in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until the cheese is golden and bubbly and the jalapeños have softened
Nutrition Per Serve
Disclosure: The above post may contain affiliate links. We may earn a small commission from purchases made through these links, at no additional cost to you. Everything we recommend on our website are products we use and love. Thank you for supporting Have Butter will Travel and allowing us to share our low carb experiences with you.