This simple keto quiche recipe is perfect for a quick breakfast or lunch. We love to make up a batch of this delicious chicken and asparagus keto quiche on a weekend. That way we have plenty for lunches or breakfasts during the week. The chicken and asparagus paired with the goats cheese and pesto is the perfect flavour combination.
Crustless Keto Quiche
We first fell in love with crustless quiches after listening to Richard talk about making it on the 2 Keto Dudes podcast. If you have not found this podcast yet, make sure you give it a listen. It was instrumental in our keto journey.
You definitely won’t miss the crust with this keto quiche. By taking away the crust it allows us to keep the carbs really low. Can you believe this keto quiche recipe is only 1g of total carbs. Even low carb and keto crusts can make the carbs increase as many of these recipes use almond flour. Going crustless makes it such a perfect low carb quiche.
Since beginning our ketogenic lifestyle we have fallen in love with buying a BBQ/rotisserie chicken and pulling all the meat off. Once we pull the meat off we portion it up into individual portion and freeze. That way we have cooked chicken ready to make a salad or a meal.
Having shredded chicken ready to go, means you can make a quick and easy keto dinner without having to cook up the meat first. We would recommend doing this and then you can easily throw together this low carb quiche.
If you are on a budget and want an even cheaper option that buying the store cooked chickens, you could buy some whole chickens and roast them. This will be a little more time consuming, but will definitely save you some money. Check out how to roast chicken here.
If you are interested in some other ideas for shredded chicken, why not give these a try.
- Have your chicken shredded and ready to go. You can even pre-shred a whole chicken and store it in the freezer.
- It’s much easier if you don’t mix the chicken and asparagus into the egg mixture, but place that on the bottom first and then pour the mixture over the top.
- Definitely make sure you grease the pie dish. We made the mistake of not greasing it the first time we made it. Let’s just say it’s much easier to cut, portion and remove from dish if you grease it first.
- If you are pushed for time and don’t want to make your own pesto, a store bought one will work the same. Just make sure to check the ingredients first. You want to look out for any added sugars and we also avoid any vegetable and seed oils.
- Not a fan of goat’s cheese? Just replace it with some greek feta. It will still be delicious.
- Make sure you let the quiche cool completely before cutting and removing from the dish. This will make it so much easier to take out.
If you love this keto quiche recipe, feel free to experiment with the flavours by replacing the chicken and asparagus with some of the following suggestions.
- Roasted capsicum and feta fritatta
- Swap the chicken for ham and make a ham and asparagus keto quiche
- Swap the chicken and the asparagus for ham and mushrooms. Just make sure you cook the mushrooms first before adding.
- Pizza flavours with pepperoni, olives and mushrooms. These work really well with the pesto as well.
Disclosure: The above post may contain affiliate links. We may earn a small commission from purchases made through these links, at no additional cost to you. Everything we recommend on our website are products we use and love. Thank you for supporting Have Butter will Travel and allowing us to share our low carb experiences with you.
You may need –
- Pyrex jug – We love these pyrex jugs. We use them all the time and have become one of our most used kitchen items.
- Pyrex 9.5 inch pie dish – Every kitchen needs a god pie or tart dish. We love pyrex and this pie dish is perfect for keto quich or keto tarts, like this blueberry tart.
Keto Quiche – Chicken and Asparagus
This delicious keto quiche recipe will quickly become a staple in your keto kitchen. It’s so quick and simple to make and uses the perfect flavour combination of chicken and asparagus. With 23 grams of fat per serve and only 1 total carb, this is definitely one of the best keto recipes you will find.
If you like this recipe, please give it a 5 star rating.
If you like this recipe you may also like…
- Keto Singapore Noodles
- Kombucha marinated chicken thighs
- Keto Egg Drop Soup
- Keto Nachos
- Porcini Meatball Stroganoff
- Keto Sausage tray bake
- Keto Laksa – Chicken
- Keto Osso Bucco Stew
- Creamy Bacon Noodles
- Keto Cauliflower Soup with smoky bacon flavours
- Pre heat oven to 180C/350F
- Combine the cream, eggs, pesto and salt and pepper in a bowl and whisk to combine completely.
- Remove woody ends from asparagus and chop into 1cm lengths.
- Chop the chicken into small pieces.
- Grease a 9.5 inch dish with butter or coconut oil
- Place the chicken and asparagus in the bottom of the pie/tart dish.
- Pour the egg mixture evenly over the chicken and asparagus.
- Crumble the goats cheese on top.
- Place in oven for 45-50mins or until golden brown and cooked through.
- We like to allow the quiche to cool completely and store in the fridge prior to cutting it up, it makes it easier to slice. It can be served warm or cold.