The combination of sweet roasted capsicums (or peppers for our US friends) and creamy, salty feta in the roasted capsicum and feta frittata is just mouth watering. Frittatas and crustless quiches are perfect to be packed up for breakfast, lunch or dinner on the go.
They can be eaten cold or heated in the microwave or oven. You can eat this roasted capsicum and feta frittata by itself or with a salad for a more substantial meal. We love to make one up on a Sunday night which we can then portion into individual serves.
This can then be eaten over the week for breakfast or lunches, or frozen and then quickly grabbed out of the freezer in the morning if you are running late.
- Frittatas freeze really well, so are a perfect make ahead option for work lunches, just portion up and wrap each slice well in plastic wrap
- If you don’t have fresh chives or parsley to hand, you could use your favourite fresh or dried herbs
- Purchase the roasted capsicums (peppers) from the supermarket deli section if you don’t have time to make your own
- You could make individual ones using muffin moulds, which would be great for on the go
Do love Frittata as much as we do? Tag us on instagram @havebutterwilltravel in your Frittata pics as we would love to check them out.
Check out our other breakfast recipes.
- Bulletproof Bone Broth
- Keto Mediterranean Skillet Eggs
- Keto Breakfast Muffins
- Keto Creamy Hot Chocolate
- Keto Pecan Cheesecake Muffins
- Keto Roasted Capsicum and Feta Frittata
- Keto Chocolate Fat Bomb Smoothie
- Keto Chia Pudding
- Keto Granola
Struggle with lunch ideas? access our free ebook now
Keto Roasted Capsicum and Feta Fritatta
- 10 Eggs, large
- 0.5 cup Pure Cream (or heavy whipping cream)
- 0.5 cup Parmesan Cheese, finely grated
- 2 Roasted Red Capsicums (peppers)
- 200 g Feta Cheese, crumbled (7 oz)
- 1 tbsp Fresh Chives, chopped
- 1 tbsp Fresh Parsley, chopped
- Salt & Pepper
Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius or 375 degree Fahrenheit
Add the eggs, cream, parmesan cheese and salt & pepper to a blender and blend until combined. You could use an immersion blender and a large jug if you don't have a blender
If using roasted capsicum from a jar dry it off with a paper towel before dicing it up to remove excess moisture
In a baking dish sprinkle in the crumbled feta cheese and diced red capsicums. We used a pie dish that was 24cm/9.5inch
Then sprinkle the chopped herbs over the feta and capsicums
Pour the egg mix over the feta and capsicums
Bake in the oven for 30-40 minutes, or until golden brown and cooked through
Allow to cool. Place in refrigerator before slicing. It will slice more easily once cold
Get your FREE eBook - 10 Easy Keto Packed Lunch Ideas
6 exclusive new recipes
Meal prep tips
10 quick and easy lunches
Never have a boring lunch at work again!