The combination of sweet roasted capsicums (or peppers for our US friends) and creamy, salty feta in this keto frittata is just mouth watering. Frittatas and crustless quiches are perfect to be packed up for breakfast, lunch or dinner on the go.
They can be eaten cold or heated in the microwave or oven. You can eat this keto frittata by itself or with a salad for a more substantial meal. We love to make one up on a Sunday night which we can then portion into individual serves.
This can then be eaten over the week for breakfast or lunches, or frozen and then quickly grabbed out of the freezer in the morning if you are running late.
Eggs for Breakfast
Eggs are a popular and excellent choice for keto breakfast. There are so many great ways to cook them. I love to fry a couple of eggs after a gym day and Erika prefers scrambled eggs. On the weekends, we love to go out for breakfast and have poached eggs with hollandaise.
Frittatas and omelettes are a meal all on their own. We love creating our own flavour combinations and this keto frittata with roasted capiscum and feta is one of our favourites.
- Frittatas freeze really well, so are a perfect make ahead option for work lunches, just portion up and wrap each slice well in plastic wrap
- If you don’t have fresh chives or parsley to hand, you could use your favourite fresh or dried herbs
- Purchase the roasted capsicums (peppers) from the supermarket deli section if you don’t have time to make your own
- You could make individual ones using muffin moulds, which would be great for on the go
Do love Frittata as much as we do? Tag us on instagram @havebutterwilltravel in your Frittata pics as we would love to check them out.
Check out our other breakfast recipes.
- Keto Spinach & Cheese Pie
- Keto Ham and Cheese Muffins
- Keto Creamy Baked Eggs
- The best keto pancake recipes
- Keto Egg Salad
- 14 Best Keto Muffin Recipes
- Keto Blueberry Muffins
- Keto Breakfast Smoothie
- Keto Hot Cross Buns
- Keto Granola – Chocolate Honey
- 10 eggs, large
- 0.5 cup pure cream (or heavy whipping cream)
- 0.5 cup parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 2 roasted red capsicums (peppers)
- 200 g feta cheese, crumbled (7 oz)
- 1 tbsp fresh chives, chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius or 375 degree Fahrenheit
- Add the eggs, cream, parmesan cheese and salt & pepper to a blender and blend until combined. You could use an immersion blender and a large jug if you don’t have a blender
- If using roasted capsicum from a jar dry it off with a paper towel before dicing it up to remove excess moisture
- In a baking dish sprinkle in the crumbled feta cheese and diced red capsicums. We used a pie dish that was 24cm/9.5inch
- Then sprinkle the chopped herbs over the feta and capsicums
- Pour the egg mix over the feta and capsicums
- Bake in the oven for 30-40 minutes, or until golden brown and cooked through
- Allow to cool. Place in refrigerator before slicing. It will slice more easily once cold
NOTE: THIS IS BASED ON THE INGREDIENTS WE USED, NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION MAY VARY DEPENDING ON THE INGREDIENTS USED.
Nutrition Per Serve
Disclosure: The above post may contain affiliate links. We may earn a small commission from purchases made through these links, at no additional cost to you. Everything we recommend on our website are products we use and love. Thank you for supporting Have Butter will Travel and allowing us to share our low carb experiences with you.