Roasted capsicums (or peppers for our US friends) are so sweet and delicious. We love having them on hand to add to an omelette or scramble for a tasty breakfast, or as part of a salad.
They are also great as part of a low carb grazing platter with cheese, salami, olives and seed crackers. They are easy to make yourself and that way you can avoid the vegetable oils or sugary liquids they are usually stored in at the supermarket. Give them a go!
- Baking tray
- Baking paper
- Plastic wrap
- Paper towel
- Capsicums or Peppers (we prefer red)
These roasted capsicums are an excellent addition in any salad or antipasto platter. We love to have some stored in the fridge during summer to easily add to a salad.
Add them to an omelette with some feta cheese and olives for a delicious mediterranean flavoured breakfast.
Struggle with lunch ideas? access our free ebook now
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees celsius
- Cut capsicums in half lengthways and remove seeds and membrane from the inside. I find using a spoon to scrape it out the easiest
- Place the capsicum halves cut side down on a baking tray lined with baking paper
- Roast in the oven for 40-50 mins until the skin has completely blistered and blackened
- Remove from the oven and place the hot capsicums in a bowl and cover with plastic wrap. The steaming helps remove the skin after they have cooled
- Once they have cooled enough to handle peel the blackened skin off and dispose of the skin and stalks
- Slice capsicum and store in the fridge
These are used in our Zucchini and Roasted Capsicum Salad for a perfect accompaniment to a meal or BBQ.
We hope you found this helpful. Check out our other ‘How to’ posts for more step by step guides.
- How to: Omelette
- How to: Fried Eggs
- How to: Boiled Eggs
- How to: Scrambled Eggs
- How To: Flavoured Butters
- How To: Roasted Garlic
- How To: Roast Pork Belly
- How to: Bone Broth
- How To: Quick & Easy Hollandaise
- How To: Cloud Bread
Get your FREE eBook - 10 Easy Keto Packed Lunch Ideas
6 exclusive new recipes
Meal prep tips
10 quick and easy lunches
Never have a boring lunch at work again!