These keto oven-baked meatballs have quickly become a staple in our house. It’s a great idea to cook up a batch on the weekend and store in the freezer for a quick mid week meal. These have been a big hit with our non keto family and friends and are often a go to when we have family staying with us. Meatballs are also a big hit with kids, so these are a real crowd pleaser.
- Make our Keto Basil Pesto to use in the meatballs
- Serve over zoodles or konjac noodles
- Serve with spinach leaves or broccoli
- Make a meatball sandwich with low carb bread
- With eggs for a filling breakfast
Keto Oven-Baked Meatballs
- 250 g Beef Mince (ground beef)
- 250 g Pork Mince (ground pork)
- 1 Egg (large)
- 1/4 cup Basil Pesto
- 1/4 cup Almond Meal
- 1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese (finely grated)
- 2 Tbs Olive Oil
- 500 ml Tomato Passata (sugo)
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Oregano, dried
- 1 cup Mozzarella or Cheddar Cheese (grated) (100g)
- Salt & Pepper
- Basil Leaves
- Basil Pesto
- Parmesan Cheese, finely grated
Preheat oven to 200 degrees celsius
Combine pork & beef mince, pesto, almond meal, egg, parmesan cheese and salt & pepper in a bowl and mix thoroughly. Shape into meatballs (golf ball size). You should get about 20 meatballs from the mixture
Heat olive oil in an oven-proof frying pan on medium. Fry meatballs for 7-8 minutes until browned on all sides then remove from pan and set aside
Add passata, garlic powder, oregano and salt & pepper to the pan and bring to a simmer for a few minutes. Then return the meatballs to the pan
Sprinkle with cheese and place in the oven for 15-20 mins until the cheese is melted, golden and bubbling
Serve with basil leaves, additional pesto and parmesan cheese
- Replace the almond meal for pork rinds if you are unable to tolerate Almonds or if you would like reduce the carbs more.
NOTE: THIS IS BASED ON THE INGREDIENTS WE USED, NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION MAY VARY DEPENDING ON THE INGREDIENTS USED. NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION DOES NOT INCLUDE ANY GARNISHES.
Do you love meatballs as much as we do? Definitely try these and tag @havebutterwilltravel on Instagram to show us your deliciousness!
- Keto Marinated BBQ Prawns
- Keto Oven-Baked Meatballs
- Keto Asian Chicken Noodle Salad
- Keto Tuna Mornay
- Keto Maple Glazed Ham
Disclosure: The above post may contain affiliate links. We may earn a small commission from purchases made through these links, at no additional cost to you. Everything we recommend on our website are products we use and love. Thank you for supporting Have Butter will Travel and allowing us to share our low carb experiences with you.
Don't miss out!
Receive regular updates with exclusive content and deals