Woolworths is our preferred supermarket and where we do most of our grocery shopping each week. One of the most asked questions we have is what are the best keto snacks that can be found in Australian stores? So, we decided to go to 3 of the main supermarkets in Australia and find the best keto snacks in each store. In this article we focus on the best keto snacks at Woolworths.
Keto Snacks at Woolworths – FYI
When we were working on this keto snacks at Woolworths list we decided on a few points:
- We were looking for low carb snacks. We didn’t worry too much about ingredients and decided to let you make a decision around if the ingredients fit your choices and lifestyle.
- We are also aware that snacking isn’t usually recommended on a keto diet and we don’t usually snack on daily basis. As we feel keto is a lifestyle choice, we feel snacking does suit some situations, like travelling, movies and socialising with friends and family.
- We also tried to only include foods that you could consume immediately and didn’t need any preparation at all.
- The keto snacks at Woolworths we found were what was available at our local Woolworths. We are aware this will vary widely depending on your local Woolworths.
Berries are such a great grab and go snack. Blueberries, strawberries, raspberries and blackberries are easily found in most of the WOOLWORTHS supermarkets in Australia.
- The price will definitely vary for all berries depending on the season. We were researching for this article the blueberries and strawberries were $2.50 a punnet.
- Strawberries 5.5g net carbs per 100g
- Blueberries 12g net carbs per 100g
- Raspberries 5.5g net carbs per 100g
- Blackberries 4.2g net carbs per 100g
We have been a big fan of the noshu donuts for quite a while. First of all, I will say they aren’t really like a donut, they are more like a cake texture, shaped into a donut. They really satisfy that feeling for a sweet treat without the sugar. These are usually found in cold cake section of our Woolworths. Where you would usually find the Woolworths bakery cheesecakes and speciality cakes.
The flavours are Caramel spice, raspberry chocolate, birthday cake and strawberry.
- $3.75 for one donut.
- 4.2g net carbs per donut.
Almond Snack pack
Almonds are one of those foods that are super easy to overeat. So these little snack packs are great for portion control. They are also great for hiking and travelling.
- $2 per snack pack
- We recommend checking out this best nuts for keto article for the carbs on different nuts.
Well Naturally Chocolate
Woolworths has the best selection of the Well Naturally range. They come in the snack block size of 45g and a larger 90g block. I love the Well Naturally as it means I can buy a milk chocolate in the supermarket that is sweetened with stevia and erythritol. My preferred flavours are coconut delight and fruit and nut. The flavours available in Woolworths at the snack size of 45g are:
- Milk chocolate
- Coconut delight
- Fruit and nut
- Coconut dark
- Mint crisp
- Almond chip
- Sweet raspberry
- $2.85 for 45g
- 4.8g per bar for 45g bar
Roasted pumpkin seeds
These Connect Foods roasted pumpkin seeds come in 2 flavours, sea salt and cocoa and sea salt. Both of these flavours would be a perfect on the go snack. I would recommend portioning out a serve as they are easy to overeat and just keep going back for more. We found these on the health food section of our Woolworths.
- $4 for 125g
- .4g net carbs per serve
Roasted seaweed snack
Even though a seaweed snack definitely won’t fill you up, if you like seaweed, these roasted flavoured ones would be delicious. I think these are great when you are craving a salty crunch like potato chips. These will fill that void. We found these in the macro health food section of our Woolworths.
- $1.80 per pack
- 0.7 per pack
Lindt 85% and 90% Chocolate
Lindt is easily our favourite chocolate that we can buy at the supermarket. It’s often on special and we can get both 85% and 90%. They also have 95% but we are not quite at that stage yet. We find the 95% just a little too bitter.
- If you are patient enough you will often see it on special for $3 a block. Always stock up when it’s on special.
- 85% 2 squares 3.8g net carbs (20g serve)
- 90% 2 squares 2.8g net carbs (20g serve)
Biltong and jerky
A warning when choosing biltong or jerky, make sure you check the ingredients and nutritional panel. We found that this local legends biltong had pretty good macros and could easily be a snack you can work into your macros for the day. We found these in the chip section of our Woolworths.
- Local legends $4.30 per pack
- Local legends 2.5g per serve
Smoked Almonds and nuts
We absolutely love these smoked almonds from Woolworths. We have taken these with us on a plane, on road trips and often have them in our cupboard for a snack. The thing that sets them apart from plain old almonds is that they are smoked. The smoky flavour makes these absolutely delicious. These nuts can be found in the chips aisle of the supermarket.
- Smoked almonds $5 per pack
- Almond snack pack $4
- Smoked almonds 1.5g per serve
- Almond snack pack 1.7g per serve
Always Fresh Snacks
I have been using the Always Fresh snacks for quite a while as a go to snack. I love the olives, cheese crisps and the baby cucumbers. They have a handy little tear strip so can be opened easily whilst on the move. The cheese crisps can be a little tricky to find. They are in the cracker section of the supermarket, near the crosstinis and gourmet cracker section. (We always advise if you can’t find them don’t be afraid to ask).
- Cheese crisps $3 for a pack
- Olives and cucumbers $1.75 per pack
- Cheese crisps 2.9g net carbs per serve
- Olives 0.7g net carbs per serve
Mayvers peanut butter pots
One of Erika’s favourite foods is peanut butter. It’s also one of the foods she struggles to limit the portion for. We love nut butters and peanut butters that are already portioned up, just for this reason. Making them really great for travelling and snacking on the go. These are found in the same section as the peanut butter jars in Woolworths.
- $5 for 6 mini pots
- 2.7g of net carbs per serve
Canned fish may not be the best snack in some situations, you don’t want to be the person that smells out the train with fish. But it can be such a good, quick and easy snack on the go. Woolworths has plenty of different canned fish options. We tend to prefer that it’s in springwater to avoid the vegetables oils in the ones with oil.
- Price will vary depending on the brand and size you choose.
- Generally you will find most canned fish is going to to less than 1g of net carbs per serve, just make sure you check the labels as I have noticed flavoured versions that might have more carbs than you think.
Cheese has to be one of the easiest on the go snacks there is. Woolworths has a few different options for on the go cheese snacks. We love Babybel and the Dairyworks jalapeno cheese slices. A newcomer to our supermarket is the cheese and olive snack pack. This snack pack has no crackers and is a great keto snack.
- Babybel $4.80 for 5 pieces.
- Dairyworks jalapeno cheese slices $4 on special when we were there.
- Angas park Good to go cheese and olives $3
- Babybel less than 1g net carbs per serve
- Dairy works jalapeno cheese slices less than 1g net carbs per serve
- Angas Park good to go cheese and olives 1.4g of net carbs per serve
Cold drinks from the supermarket have long been a no go for keto and low carb if you are someone that tries to avoid the diet soft drinks. We have managed to find a couple of decent low carb drink options in our Woolworths. Kombucha can definitely be very hit and miss, you will always need to check the carb count to make sure it’s not high carbs. Also, keep in mind you are drinking any carbs you are consuming here so they can add up really quickly. We also love the Frantelle sparkling flavoured mineral waters as they are not sweetened at all, just flavoured with fruit flavourings.
Erika has become a massive fan of cold brew coffee in the summer. So usually buys it from our local cafe or makes it herself, but this Hunt and Brew is a great grab and go option when we don’t have the time to grab a takeaway coffee or if we have an early morning start.
- Amplify Kombucha $2.60
- Frantelle sparkling mineral water $1.85
- Hunt and Brew cold brew coffee $3
- Amplify Kombucha less than 1g net carbs per serve
- Frantelle sparkling mineral water 0g net carbs per serve
- Hunt and Brew cold brew coffee 1g net carbs per serve
These are the best keto snacks at Woolworths that we were able to find. We are definitely sure we missed some, so please let us know in the comments below, what your favourite snacks are. We have loved putting together this keto snacks at Woolworths list. Check out our keto snacks at Coles here and at Aldi here.
If you like to do your Woolworths shopping online, click here to start ordering your keto snacks at Woolworths now.
Brooke Ray says
Pork krackles is another low Carb find I like at woolworths. It’s in the chip section.
Thanks for the tip Brooke. We tend to avoid that one due to the ingredients
Best to read labels on the back and order online from Outback Jerky – plain pork rind without added carbs. Good for cooking too!
Kathy Jephcott says
I’ve recently found pork crackling in the nut section, still working out which one is best, any pointers?
We have found that all the pork rinds in the supermarket are still going to have vegetable oils. Look for the ones with the least amount of ingredients. Otherwise head to your you tube channel and check out our pork rind video
Worth looking at Olina’s pepita gluten free crackers
Yes, they are a good option
Olivia Hans says
I am new with Keto and Thank you for your blog and vlog really helpful.
Thanks so much Olivia
Thanks girls I absolutely love watching you and you are full of information and it gives me so much knowledge and I don’t have to go looking at labels thanks for that
Thanks so much Kez – glad we could help!