When you love a recipe as much as our family loves our chocolate peanut butter muffin recipe, you know you can’t last long without making a keto diet version! This low carb double chocolate peanut butter muffin recipe was the result of an extremely focused goal: to accurately replicate our family’s favorite muffin recipe and then stuff our faces with them!
Full of peanut buttery chocolate flavor and creamy sugar free chocolate chips, you’ll be surprised to find that these ketogenic muffins have base of peanut butter, pumpkin puree, and flax meal. They’re not only out-of-this-world mouthwateringly good, but they’re super healthy with no added sugar!
Introducing Jenn from Keen for Keto
Today’s recipe is a guest post from our friend Jenn from Keen for Keto. We were lucky enough to have Jenn offer to do a guest post for us and we jumped at the offer. Jenn lives in Colorado Springs with her Husband and 4 kids and still finds time to run her awesome blog. If you like the sound of these keto chocolate peanut butter muffins, make sure you go and check out her other recipes here. Over to Jenn.
Keto Chocolate Peanut Butter Muffins
This yummy keto muffin recipe is perfect for breakfast, but doubles as a dessert! The classic chocolate and peanut butter combo will satisfy your peanut butter cup cravings. (Or try these if you want a real dairy free peanut butter cup!)
Another awesome thing about these muffins is that they can be frozen. I like to make a triple batch and freeze a bunch for later. They taste great when thawed, and I don’t have to worry about what to make for my family on mornings when I wake up groggy! With four kiddos in the family, it’s a definite plus!
Sugar Free Chocolate chips
The best options for sugar free chocolate chips are these lily’s chocolate chips. They can be hard to find in Australia but we buy ours from iherb who ship free to Australia which is awesome! You can always chop up some 90% dark chocolate or make your own chocolate chips.
- You can find pureed canned pumpkin in the American section at some supermarkets. If you can’t find pureed pumpkin, you can always make your own.
- Using silicone muffin moulds will make it easier to remove from tin, or use muffin cases.
- These muffins really stand alone. They’re great by themselves or with a great big pat of butter!
- If you want to fancy up your muffins, this peanut butter sauce that goes with my Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheesecake from Keen for Keto is so delicious drizzled on top of the muffins! The recipe actually makes a lot, so you can make the sauce, muffins, AND cheesecake and have plenty to go around!
- My son actually requests these muffins in lieu of his birthday cake, he likes them so much! They’re definitely one of those muffin recipes that can double as a cupcake. Pipe on some keto frosting and you’re good to go!
- The best way to eat these ketogenic chocolate peanut butter muffins? With a side of thick bacon, of course!
If you are looking for more awesome breakfast options. Check out some favourites below.
- Flax Seed Muffins
- Keto Pumpkin spice Cream Cheese Danish
- Ketogenic German Pancake
- Easy Chia Flax Noatmeal Crème Brulee in Instant Pot
- Cheesy Keto Super Taco Instant Pot Omelet
- Keto Granola
- Egg Muffins
- Keto Egg Loaf
- 2 cups Canned Pumpkin/Pumpkin Puree (15oz)
- 2 cups Peanut Butter
- 5 Eggs
- 1/4 cup Butter, melted (55g)
- 1/3 cup Cocoa
- 1/2 cup Flax Meal
- 1 tbsp Coconut Flour
- 3 tbsp Liquid Stevia
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1&1/2 tsp Vanilla
- 1&1/2 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar or Lemon Juice
- 1 cup Sugar Free Chocolate Chips
- Pre heat the oven to 190C/375F
- In a large bowl, combine all of the ingredients expect the apple cider vinegar and chocolate chips, making sure the ingredients are well combined and the batter is smooth.
- Add the apple cider vinegar and stir to combine. Then add the chocolate chips and mix to evenly distribute the chips throughout the mixture.
- Pour into muffin papers or silicone muffin cups and bake for 14-17 minutes for regular sized muffins. For mini muffins, bake for 11-12 minutes. Once muffins are completely cooked, remove from oven and allow to cool before serving.