Keto egg loaf is one of our favourite sweet treats. We decided to work on a keto egg loaf recipe and absolutely fell in love with this blueberry and lemon keto egg loaf. The lemon adds some zing and the blueberries add some sweetness and pops of flavour. Lemon and blueberry is one of our favourite sweet flavour combinations. We just love it.
Keto Egg Loaf
If you are looking for a quick and easy keto dessert, you have to try this keto egg loaf. We loved cooking it our bundt cake tin as it made the egg loaf look so pretty and would be a perfect when presenting it to friends or family for desserts. When we make this just for us we usually just cook this in a loaf tin and divide it up.
This keto egg loaf recipe serves 8 people, so it’s great to serve when making dinner for a group of friends. If you are just making it for 1-2 people, like we normally do, divide it into 8 serves and keep it in the fridge so we have keto egg loaf for dessert or even breakfast. It keeps well in the fridge for a few days.
A hot tip for reheating the stored egg loaf. We would recommend pan frying it. This will almost make it like french toast. It will brown up a little bit on the cut sides of the egg loaf and you will get a few yummy crispy bits.
Low Carb baking
Baking your favourite desserts and cakes using low carb replacement ingredients can be tricky. When you start replacing flour with low carb replacements like almond flour and coconut flour, it’s important to know they don’t work the same as normal flour.
When using sweeteners in place of sugar it’s important to check if it acts as a 1:1 replacement. The Sukrin sweeteners we love are a 1:1 sugar replacement and acts the most like sugar of all the sweeteners we have tried.
Even though these things make keto baking more difficult, it is really easy to find a keto version of most of your favourite baked goods.
We love to use Sukrin sweeteners in our keto baking and this keto egg loaf. We have tried loads of the sweeteners available on the market and have found this to be the best tasting option with no bitter after taste. Our family and friends, who are not keto, love our keto baking too when it is made with Sukrin. Also, it is made with our preferred sweeteners, a combination of stevia glycosides and erythritol.
Australians! Don’t worry, the Sukrin products are available for us too. If you are interested check out Sukrin Australia.
Our favourites from the Sukrin products are;
- Sukrin 1 – which substitutes one for one for white sugar
- Sukrin Gold – which substitutes one for one for brown sugar
- Sukrin Melis – which substitutes one for one for icing or powdered sugar
- Sukrin Gold Fibre Syrup – this reminds me of golden syrup that we use in baking in Australia. It tastes delicious and is great for making any caramel recipes
Tips for keto egg loaf
- When reheating leftover egg loaf, we recommend frying it in a pan. This will make it like french toast. It will slightly brown on the cut sides and create some delicious crispy bits.
- If using a baking pan that isn’t a non stick one, line it with some non stick baking paper to avoid the keto egg loaf getting stuck.
- Make sure you don’t add the blueberries to the blender and add them to the batter after blending. This will mean the blueberries will stay whole and add a delicious pop of blueberry in your mouth once it’s cooked.
- We love to drizzle some sugar free maple syrup over the top. This really gives you that french toast feeling. In Australia, you can find this sugar free maple syrup at Low Carb Emporium.
- Drizzle some of our blueberry sauce over the top. We absolutely love our blueberry sauce and it really takes this keto egg loaf to the next level. When serving to friends, serve with a jug of this blueberry sauce and your friends will be super impressed.
- Whipped heavy cream. Dollop a spoon of whipped cream or for Australians some of our favourite double cream.
Disclosure: The above post may contain affiliate links. We may earn a small commission from purchases made through these links, at no additional cost to you. Everything we recommend on our website are products we use and love. Thank you for supporting Have Butter will Travel and allowing us to share our low carb experiences with you.
You may need –
Keto Egg Loaf – Lemon and Blueberry
Keto egg loaf is an excellent low carb dessert option. As it is a nut free dessert, it means the carbs stay quite low for a keto dessert at 4g per serve. Fry some up in a pan to create a french toast replacement and top with your favourite toppings like sugar free maple syrup and blueberries.
If you like this recipe, please give it a 5 star rating.
If you like this recipe you may also like…
- Banana Protein Muffins
- Protein Overnight Oats
- Ham and cheese frittata
- Homemade Baked Beans Recipe
- Easy Turkish eggs
- Chicken apple sausage Pattie recipe
- Protein Chia Pudding
- Keto Ham and Cheese Muffins
- Keto Creamy Baked Eggs
- Keto Blueberry Muffins
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F and grease your pan, we used coconut oil spray and a non-stick bundt pan
- Place all ingredients except the blueberries in a blender or food processor and blend until a smooth consistency
- Pour the mixture into your prepared pan and then sprinkle in the blueberries evenly around the pan
- Bake in the oven for 30-40 minutes or until golden brown cooked through
- Leave in the pan for 5 minutes to cool slightly and then flip out onto a plate to portion and serve while still warm
- Serve with sugar free maple syrup and extra blueberries