Bacon is a staple food in most keto households and we find baking bacon the best way to cook it. One advantage of baking bacon is that you don’t need to stand at the stove top and monitor it. You can pop it in the oven while you are showering and getting ready in the morning and it will be ready when you are. Another plus is that you avoid the grease splatter all over your kitchen from cooking it in a frying pan. If I have not convinced you yet, give it a go for yourself and let me know you are not a convert!
- Baking tray
- Baking paper
- Sliced Bacon – we like this one
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees celsius
- Cover baking tray with baking paper
- Lay strips of bacon on the lined tray, try to avoid overlapping the pieces if possible
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until cooked to your liking. We like it well done so it may take a little longer
- As is!
- With scrambled eggs for breakfast
- Chopped and sprinkled over your favourite salad
- As a cracker substitue with Guacamole or our Keto Ranch Dip
We hope you found this helpful. Check out our other ‘How to’ posts for step by step guides on cauliflower rice and zucchini noodles with more coming each week.
- How to: Cold Brew Coffee
- How to: Cheese Crackers
- How to: Nut Milk
- How to: Salami Crackers
- How to: Making Mayonnaise
- How to: Baking Bacon
- How to: Zucchini Noodles
- How to: Cauliflower Rice
Don't miss out!
Receive regular updates with exclusive content and deals