Bacon is a staple food in most keto households and we find baking bacon the best way to cook it. One advantage of baking bacon is that you don’t need to stand at the stove top and monitor it. You can pop it in the oven while you are showering and getting ready in the morning and it will be ready when you are.
Another plus is that you avoid the grease splatter all over your kitchen from cooking it in a frying pan. If I have not convinced you yet, give it a go for yourself and let me know you are not a convert!
Cooking bacon in the oven was something Dan actually introduced to Erika. Her grandfather used to cook his in the oven and Dan has adopted this method ever since.
- Baking tray
- Baking paper
- Sliced Bacon – we like this one
Struggle with lunch ideas? access our free ebook now
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees celsius
- Cover baking tray with baking paper
- Lay strips of bacon on the lined tray, try to avoid overlapping the pieces if possible
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until cooked to your liking. We like it well done so it may take a little longer
As is! Bacon is absolutely delicious all by it self. Many keto people love to have a batch cooked in the fridge to grab any time they feel hungry.
With scrambled eggs for breakfast. Bacon and eggs our a classic breakfast go to when living a ketogenic lifestyle.
Chopped and sprinkled over your favourite salad. We love to add bacon to salads as not only does it add flavour but it also adds fat to an otherwise lean meal.
We hope you found this helpful. Check out our other ‘How to’ posts for more step by step guides.
- How To: Flavoured Butters
- How To: Roasted Garlic
- How To: Roast Pork Belly
- How to: Bone Broth
- How To: Quick & Easy Hollandaise
- How To: Cloud Bread
- How to: Make Ghee
- How To: Roasted Capsicum
- How to: Cheese Taco Shells
- How to: Cold Brew Coffee
Get your FREE eBook - 10 Easy Keto Packed Lunch Ideas
6 exclusive new recipes
Meal prep tips
10 quick and easy lunches
Never have a boring lunch at work again!