Cheese Shell Tacos would be hands down one of my favourite keto meals. They are so tasty and crunchy and perfect replacement for an ordinary hard taco shell. There are many ways to make cheese taco shells, but this is the method we prefer. I like knowing exactly how many cheese slices are in each shell for tracking purposes and that I can get a more consistent result.
- Heatproof plate
- Baking paper
- Paper towel
- 2 cans/jars/mugs
- Sliced Cheddar Cheese – we like this one
- Cover plate with a square of baking paper
- Place 2 cheese slices on the baking paper in a star shape (see photo below)
- Microwave on high for 2 minutes, or until the cheese is bubbly all the way to the centre (it may depend on your microwave size/watts)
- Remove from the microwave and pick up opposite sides of the paper to bend the cheese into a taco shell shape and rest between to mugs or cans to set. Move quickly as they can start to Harden straight away
- There may be some oil that comes out of the cheese, so use some paper towel to dry it up if necessary
- They should only take a minute or two to cool and crisp up, then they are ready to fill!
- As you would use a taco shell – fill with meat, salsa, avocado and sour cream
We hope you found this helpful. Check out our other ‘How to‘ posts for step by step guides on cauliflower rice, zucchini noodles, baking bacon and more.
- How to: Make Ghee
- How To: Roasted Capsicum
- How to: Cheese Taco Shells
- How to: Cold Brew Coffee
- How to: Cheese Crackers
- How to: Nut Milk
- How to: Salami Crackers
- How to: Making Mayonnaise
- How to: Baking Bacon
- How to: Zucchini Noodles
Get your FREE eBook - 10 Easy Keto Packed Lunch Ideas
6 exclusive new recipes
Meal prep tips
10 quick and easy lunches
Never have a boring lunch at work again!