Cauliflower rice is a staple for a lot of people living the keto lifestyle. It has become so popular in the last couple years, you can even find it pre-packaged in the vegetable section of the supermarket. Cauliflower rice is very easy to make yourself, so save yourself some extra dollars and make your own.
- Food processor (I use the small bowl attachment of my stick blender)
- Salt, pepper and butter to season
- Cut the cauliflower into chunks that will fit into your blender bowl
- Pulse in blender until texture is like a course grain. We usually would pulse 5-6 times and end up with the texture below
- Place blended cauliflower in a microwave safe bowl. Cook on high for 3 minutes and stir. Then microwave in 2 minute increments until cooked. You are looking for the texture to be softened and not crunchy. The amount of time needed in the microwave depends on the amount of cauliflower you are cooking. We used half a small cauliflower and needed to cook it for 6 minutes
- Once cooked season with, salt, pepper and butter to taste
- Substitute this in anywhere you would normally use rice
- We love it with Zest Butter Chicken (Review Coming soon)
- Make Cauliflower Fried Rice
- You can even make Cauliflower Porridge
We hope you found this helpful. Check out our other posts in the ‘How to’ series including zucchini noodles, baking bacon, salami crackers and mayo.
- How to: Cold Brew Coffee
- How to: Cheese Crackers
- How to: Nut Milk
- How to: Salami Crackers
- How to: Making Mayonnaise
- How to: Baking Bacon
- How to: Zucchini Noodles
- How to: Cauliflower Rice
Don't miss out!
Receive regular updates with exclusive content and deals