We have always been big fans of tuna patties and Erika was keen to create these delicious keto tuna patties. These tuna patties taste just like the original and you won’t even miss the potato.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. We may earn a small commission from purchases made through these links, at no additional cost to you. Everything we recommend on our website are products we use and love. Thank you for supporting Have Butter will Travel and allowing us to share our low carb experiences with you.
Keto Tuna Patties
These keto tuna patties are perfect for both lunch or dinner. These easy tuna patties are so simple to prepare even Dan can whip them up for an easy weekday dinner. We love to cook up a double batch so that we can have leftovers for lunch the next day.
According to draxe.com there are several great benefits to eating tuna regularly. These include:
- High in Protein
- Aids in Weight Loss
- Promotes Thyroid Health
- Boosts Brain Function
- Rich in Antioxidants
- Reduces Inflammation
It is important to note that not all canned/tinned tuna is created equal. When choosing tinned tuna you want to look for –
- Pole and line caught
- In spring water or olive oil
This will ensure you have the highest quality tuna. It may not always be feasible to get wild or pole and line caught, but we would always recommend avoiding tuna in vegetable oils.
Since beginning our ketogenic lifestyle we have had to get creative with some of our recipes. We have discovered that pork rinds are an excellent substitute for breadcrumbs. in this tuna pattie recipe we decided to use them to bind the tuna mixture and also to crumb them.
These keto tuna patties are perfect served with any of your favourite keto side dishes.
- Ranch dip – These tuna patties go perfectly with this ranch dip. They just go so well with the chives, mayo and sour cream in this dip. This is easily our favourite way to serve them.
- Zucchini salad – Any side salad works really well with these easy tuna patties. We suggest trying it with this zucchini salad to take this meal to the next level.
- Cauliflower – Cauliflower is one of our favourite side dishes, you could serve these delicious tuna patties with cauliflower mash, keto cauliflower casserole or whole roasted cauliflower.
- Sauces – Some other great sauces you can serve with these tuna patties are smoky romesco sauce and keto basil pesto. Both these sauces work perfectly to add extra flavour.
- We find using an ice cream scoop is a great way to divide up the tuna patties. It’s makes it really easy to keep them all the same size and also means you don’t need to use your hands.
- Once you have the mixture portioned out with the ice cream scoop, you will need to form them in discs by moulding them in your hands.
- We recommend popping the tuna patties in the fridge for at least 30 minutes prior to frying, as it gives them a chance to firm and bind prior to being cooked. This can prevent them from crumbling in the cooking process.
- If you are cooking a double batch like we often do, don’t overload the pan, just cook 4 tuna patties in a large pan at a time.
Have you tried these tuna patties? We would love to hear from you. Let us know in the comments below your favourite way to serve them.
- Keto Cauliflower Soup with smoky bacon flavours
- Keto Chicken Tenders – Sesame crusted
- Keto Chicken Burgers – Zucchini and Halloumi
- Keto Taco Salad
- Keto Quiche Recipe – Chicken and Asparagus
- Easy Tuna Patties – Keto and Low Carb
- Keto Chicken Bake – Bacon & Ranch
- Keto Cheesy Taco Omelette
- Keto Tuna Salad Lettuce Cups
- Crispy Slow Cooker Pork Belly
- Pulse the pork rinds in a food processor until they are a fine crumb. Set aside half the pork rind crumb for coating
- Mix the tuna, ranch seasoning, mayonaise, cheese, egg and half the pork rinds, in a bowl until completely combined
- Divide the mixture into 4 and shape into patties. Coat the patties using the remaining pork rind crumb
- Place in the fridge for 30 mins for them to firm before cooking
- Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan on medium heat
- Once oil is heated, place the tuna patties into the pan and shallow fry for 5 mins on each side, or until golden brown
- We like to serve with a salad and spicy mayo