The motivation behind this keto chicken tenders recipe was our niece, Abbey. Any form of crumbed and fried chicken has always been her favourite. As we love to have her visit we had to find a keto chicken nugget recipe that would please her and also be keto friendly so we could also enjoy it with her. We tried a few different recipes and these keto chicken tenders are by far her favourite. The sesame crumb is the key here. The sesame adds a toasty nutty flavour.
Keto Chicken Tenders
Who didn’t love chicken tenders as a kid. For me they were a real treat and having them now still brings back fond memories for me. The juicy chicken, crumbed and deep fried, was one of my favourite meals growing up. The chicken tender or chicken nugget has grown even more in popularity among kids as busy parents look for a quick and easy meal. Our nieces and nephews have grown up on chicken tenders and Maccas chicken nuggets.
Chicken tenders you can buy at the supermarket or when eating out, definitely have less than desirable ingredients, so we no longer want to buy these for our nieces and nephews and really want to encourage them to seek out a healthier version. So by creating this delicious keto version it has meant we can have a clear conscious when feeding our nieces and nephews.
We also love eating these keto chicken tenders ourselves. They are really great to cook up a batch on the weekend and then take for lunches to work or to pop in the kid’s lunch boxes. They are nut free so will be safe to send to school with the kids. They are just as nice cold out of the fridge or reheated in the microwave.
We are big fans of the flavour of sesame seeds here at Have Butter will Travel and have used these flavours in a few different recipes. If you love the sesame flavour as much as we do check out some of our favourite sesame seed recipes here –
- Keto Blondies
- Tahini Granola Fudge
- Whole Keto Roasted Cauliflower
- Asian Noodle Salad
- Everything but the Bagel Cheese Crisps
Sesame seeds are one of the most ancient foods on the planet. They have been used in many cultures like middle eastern, Mediterranean, Asian and African for thousands of years. Tahini, sesame oil and the seeds themselves are common ingredients used in many cuisines all over the world.
According to wikipedia, sesame is a flowering plant in the genus, Sesamum. It is mostly grown in Africa, India and China, with over 6.1 million tonnes produced in 2016 alone. Now that is A LOT of sesame seeds.
- If you can’t find chicken tenders, you can cut some chicken breast into tenders.
- Don’t let the pan get too hot when cooking as the crumb may catch and burn.
- When crumbing the chicken, make sure to press down on each side and get all of the chicken coated with the sesame crumb.
- Serve with your favourite keto salad. These keto chicken tenders would be great with a keto Caesar salad or a garden salad.
- Serve with cauliflower. These cauliflower recipes would be perfect to pair with these tenders. Cauliflower mash, Cauliflower bake or Whole roasted cauliflower.
- These keto chicken tenders are so versatile that you could serve them with any of your favourite keto side dishes and you would have a perfect keto meal.
Disclosure: The above post may contain affiliate links. We may earn a small commission from purchases made through these links, at no additional cost to you. Everything we recommend on our website are products we use and love. Thank you for supporting Have Butter will Travel and allowing us to share our low carb experiences with you.
You may need –
Keto Chicken Tenders
These delicious keto chicken tenders are so quick and easy to make they will quickly become a staple for dinner with your family. The kids will love them, they can be part of a keto friendly kid’s lunch box as they are nut free. The sesame flavour as a real nutty, toasty flavour to this keto chicken tenders recipe. The are a real crowd pleaser and a dish you will use when cooking for your non keto family and friends.
If you like this recipe you may also like…
- Keto Egg Drop Soup
- Keto Nachos
- Porcini Meatball Stroganoff
- Keto Sausage tray bake
- Keto Laksa – Chicken
- Keto Osso Bucco Stew
- Creamy Bacon Noodles
- Keto Cauliflower Soup with smoky bacon flavours
- Keto Chicken Tenders – Sesame crusted
- Keto Chicken Burgers – Zucchini and Halloumi
- Place the sesame seeds, garlic powder and salt in small blender, food processor or spice grinder and blend until they are a fine crumb.
- Place the sesame crumbs in a shallow bowl and place a tender in the sesame crumb, press down on the tender to coat one side, flip the tender over and press down to coat. Repeat with all of the tenders.
- Place the coconut oil in a large frying pan and melt on medium high heat. Once coconut oil is melted and pan is heated, add the tenders and cook until the crumb is browned, flip the tenders and cook until the chicken is cooked through and crumb is golden brown. Depending on the size of your pan, you may need to cook the tenders in batches. You won’t want the heat too high as the crumb may catch and burn.
- Once cooked remove tenders from pan and serve with your favourite keto side dish.