Are you looking for a keto-friendly butter chicken, without the hassle of making the sauce from scratch? The Zest Byron Bay Butter Chicken recipe base is a great option as there are no added sugars or preservatives.
We have served this with cauliflower rice to non-keto family and friends when they have come over and it is always a hit!
Product – Zest Byron Bay Butter Chicken
We really enjoy the Butter Chicken recipe base sauce. They also have Kerala, Rendang, Rogan Josh, Vindaloo and Massaman recipe bases. The spice paste options include Moroccan, Sri Lankan, Indian and Nepalese.
$7 for a 175g packet which serves 6.
The macronutrients provided are for the butter chicken recipe base only and not the ingredients added to complete the recipe.
Per serve Fat 5.3g Net Carbs 1.2g Protein 0.5g
We make a few changes to the suggested preparation recipe to lower the carb count. We don’t add onion and reduce the amount of tomato paste. Instead of the yoghurt we add cream.
Where do we buy?
We love that…
It’s really quick and easy to prepare. It keeps in the cupboard well and most of all it’s delicious. Sometimes we add in a bag of baby spinach to the finished butter chicken, serve over cauliflower rice or any green vegetable. If you have time marinating the chicken in the recipe base gives the best flavour in our opinion.
We don’t love that…
The fact that it has sunflower oil means it’s not strictly keto. Given that it’s low down on the ingredients list, we choose to have it for convenience and we are also not consuming it on a daily basis.
Would we buy it again?
Yes. We like to have a packet of this in the cupboard for nights where we need a quick and easy dinner & want to avoid resorting to takeaway.
Note: This isn’t a paid post. This is a product we have purchased and reviewed independently.
Have you tried the Zest Byron Bay sauces? Let us know in the comments below your favourite flavour.
Check out our other product reviews.
- Mount Moriac Beef Box Review
- Product Review – House of Keto Monitor
- Product Review – Anna’s Low Carb Kitchen – Pancake Mix
- Product Review – The Protein Bread Co – Protein Bread Mix
- Product Review – Fat Bombs – Low Carb Donut Baking Mix
- Product Review – The Keto Toolbox – January Box
- Product Review – Anna’s Low Carb Kitchen Cookie Base Mix
- Product Review – Zest Byron Bay Butter Chicken
- Product Review – The Keto Toolbox – December Box
- Product Review – Slendier Konjac Noodles – Angel Hair