Keto Prawn Cocktail
Prawn cocktails are a retro classic. I can remember Mum making them for her fancy 80’s dinner parties. I can even remember them being served in a wine glass. Very fancy! This keto prawn cocktail gives the retro classic a face lift.
To make this prawn cocktail keto, we recommend making your own cocktail sauce. Check out our shrimp cocktail sauce. It’s really easy to make and only takes a few minutes. We like knowing that there is no sugar added. Be weary of store bought cocktail and seafood sauces as they are likely to contain sugar and vegetable oils.
Struggle with lunch ideas? access our free ebook now
Australian Christmas Lunch
As it is summer in Australia at Christmas, our Christmas meal usually looks different to the Christmas meals served in the Northern Hemisphere. We usually do cold cuts of meat like pork, ham, chicken and turkey and would serve it with salads.
When you think about it, Australian Christmas lunch is already full of great keto options. All the meats should be ok, just avoid any of the stuffing. With salad, we would recommend offering to bring the salads on the day. That way you can determine any dressings and ingredients are keto friendly. I would be very surprised if anyone would even notice.
Dessert can be the trickiest part of the meal to navigate. At our Christmas lunch, there is usually a fruit platter and some cream to serve with the pudding. What we like to do is grab some the berries of the fruit platter, a couple of spoonfuls of cream and you have the perfect keto dessert.
If you are interested in taking your own keto dessert to share with everyone, we highly recommend trying one of our 3 trifles.
For some of our favourite Australian keto Christmas lunch ideas check out our article here.
- Keto Cauliflower Soup with smoky bacon flavours
- Keto Chicken Tenders – Sesame crusted
- Keto Chicken Burgers – Zucchini and Halloumi
- Keto Taco Salad
- Keto Quiche Recipe – Chicken and Asparagus
- Easy Tuna Patties – Keto and Low Carb
- Keto Chicken Bake – Bacon & Ranch
- Keto Cheesy Taco Omelette
- Keto Tuna Salad Lettuce Cups
- Crispy Slow Cooker Pork Belly
- 400 g Prawns (shrimp) 1 pound
- 0.5 cup Keto Cocktail Sauce
- 1 Avocado (diced)
- 1 Lebanese Cucumber (cut into ribbons)
- 1 small Baby Cos Lettuce (chopped) Romaine Lettuce
- Chives to garnish
- Place chopped lettuce evenly into the middle 4 serving plates. For presentation, make the lettuce a circular pile on the plate.
- Wrap the ribbons of cucumber around the lettuce piles.
- Chop the prawns into bite size pieces.
- In a bowl, combine the chopped prawns, cocktail sauce and diced avocado and gently toss until the prawns and avocado are well coated in the sauce.
- Evenly divide the prawn mixture into four serves and place on top of the chopped lettuce.
- Garnish with chopped chives and serve. Feel free to experiment with your plating with this dish.
NOTE: THIS IS BASED ON THE INGREDIENTS WE USED, NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION MAY VARY DEPENDING ON THE INGREDIENTS USED.
Disclosure: The above post may contain affiliate links. We may earn a small commission from purchases made through these links, at no additional cost to you. Everything we recommend on our website are products we use and love. Thank you for supporting Have Butter will Travel and allowing us to share our low carb experiences with you.