In January, we tried a Mount Moriac Beef box delivery for the first time and we have been very impressed with the quality of the meat we received. The beef is delivered to your door (in Victoria, Australia) all vacuum sealed and divided into the various cuts. Perfect to pop some in the freezer for delicious meals down the track. Since we have had the opportunity to try most of the different costs now we wanted to write this mount Mount Moriac beef box review for this excellent product!
Mount Moriac Beef Box Review
The beef is grass-fed, which is always our preference due to the quality of the fat within the meat. Although it is not certified organic, no hormones are used and the cattle only consume grass and hay. We love to be able to support Australian small businesses where we can and the convenience of delivery to your door makes this a win-win.
It was great having the opportunity to try some slow cooking cuts so we could consume all that fatty collagen goodness, which we may not normally choose. Having all the different cuts of meat forced me to get a little more creative in the kitchen too.
About the farmers
Eliza Holt and Jim McKenna breed Angus cattle on their farm in Mount Moriac, in Victoria’s Surf Coast hinterland.
Eliza and Jim have chosen their cattle from the Murdeduke Angus stud, based upon their quality and quiet temperament. Eliza and Jim handle their cattle quietly, providing a stress free environment, and the results speak for themselves.
Eliza grew up on a cattle station, Delmore Downs Station, in the Northern Territory, and Jim quickly fell in love with the land and cattle after he met Eliza. Jim spent most of his summer holidays in Jan Juc and loves to surf, so Mount Moriac was a perfect place for them to settle. Their two young children, Arabella and Clancy, have grown up around cattle, and are often in the cattle yards and paddocks with their parents.
Mount Moriac is cattle fattening country, and the volcanic soils provide the cattle with pastures rich in ryegrass and clover. The cattle are grass fed, and the beef is tender and well marbled.
Our favourite ways to eat Mount Moriac Beef
- We love to use the premium beef mince in our Oven-Baked Meatballs
- Grilled porterhouse steak with Satay Sauce or Basil Pesto
- The premium beef mince makes a delicious bunless burger
- Diced beef is delicious in a Beef Stroganoff served with cauliflower rice
- The premium beef mince is great in our Chorizo Chilli
- The beef sausages are perfect grilled up with bacon and eggs for a Sunday breakfast
- The beef bones make a great bone broth
Mount Moriac ZHT beef box delivery
Here is what was contained in our beef box delivered in January 2018 –
Cost – $240
- Osso Bucco 900g
- Premium beef mince 2kg
- Topside roast 1.9kg
- Eye fillet 400g
- Diced beef 1kg
- Porterhouse 800g
- Scotch fillet 1kg
- Spare ribs 600g
- Beef sausages 2kg
- Approximately 2kgs of bones – (marrow, brisket & soup)
Based on supermarket equivalent product pricing, grass-fed where we could find it, the cost to purchase the contents of this box at the supermarket would be approximately $252. So in addition to the convenience of home delivery we also saved a few dollars, which is great.
In saying that, we could not be 100% sure of the quality of the meat sourced by the supermarket. So we would prefer to support local farmers who are transparent in their farming practices, regardless of if it was a little more expensive.
As there are only two of us in this household, this meat certainly lasts us awhile. We probably eat beef 2- 3 times a week and found it so convenient to have such high quality beef readily available in our freezer. It has taken us a few months to try all the various cuts and we still have the topside roast in the freezer, I am a bit scared about tackling that one for some reason!
Some of our favourite meals were the osso bucco, which we slow cooked with tomatoes and mushrooms, the result was so tender and juicy. We also slow cooked the short ribs after rubbing them with a smokey spice mix and they were delicious too.
We would definitely be interested in purchasing another box in the future to restock our freezer with this top quality beef.
Note: This isn’t a paid post. This is a product we have purchased and reviewed independently.
Have you tried a Mount Moriac Beef box delivery? Let us know in the comments below what you thought.
Check out our other product reviews.
- Mount Moriac Beef Box Review
- Product Review – House of Keto Monitor
- Product Review – Anna’s Low Carb Kitchen – Pancake Mix
- Product Review – The Protein Bread Co – Protein Bread Mix
- Product Review – Fat Bombs – Low Carb Donut Baking Mix
- Product Review – The Keto Toolbox – January Box
- Product Review – Anna’s Low Carb Kitchen Cookie Base Mix
- Product Review – Zest Byron Bay Butter Chicken
- Product Review – The Keto Toolbox – December Box
- Product Review – Slendier Konjac Noodles – Angel Hair