We both LOVED beef stroganoff dish pre keto and would serve it with homemade pasta. We now happily serve keto beef stroganoff up with some steamed vegetables or zoodles. A side of vegetables is a great way to soak up that tasty sauce, or just go straight in with a spoon.
Keto Beef Stroganoff
Beef Stroganoff is a Eastern European dish of sautéed diced beef with a creamy, mushroom sauce. If you have never tried this delicious dish, now is the time. The sauce alone is definitely worth it.
This was a favourite in Dan’s family when she was growing up and it was one of the dishes her Dad would make for them all and he took great pride in making it. Dan now loves to make this dish in memory of him and we wanted to find a way to make it a low carb beef stroganoff.
- Zoodles (zucchini noodles) – This make a great substitute for the pasta and help soak up the delicious sauce
- Konjac noodles
- Creamy cauliflower mash
- Steamed vegetables
- Cauliflower rice
We would love to see your beef stroganoff creations, tag @havebutterwilltravel on Instagram or Twitter.
Check out our other delicious keto meals.
- Keto Carbonara
- Keto Turkey Roast with Cherry Sauce
- Keto Singapore Noodles
- Kombucha marinated chicken thighs
- Keto Egg Drop Soup
- Keto Nachos
- Porcini Meatball Stroganoff
- Keto Sausage tray bake
- Keto Laksa – Chicken
- Keto Osso Bucco Stew
- 500 g Diced Beef (1 pound) we used stewing beef
- 2 tbps Sweet Paprika
- 0.25 cup Olive Oil
- 40 g Butter 3 tablespoons
- 200 g Swiss Brown mushrooms sliced thinly, (1/2 a pound)
- 3 Eschallots finely diced
- 2 tbsp Tomato paste
- 0.5 cup Brandy
- 1 cup Beef Stock
- 2 tbps Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- Salt and pepper
- Pat dry your diced beef with some paper towel
- In a bowl combine the paprika and a teaspoon of salt, add the diced beef and mix to coat the beef with the paprika and salt
- In a large frying pan or skillet heat 2 tablespoons of the oil on a high heat, sear the beef until browned and set aside. It is best to do this in batches to avoid overcrowding the pan
- Reduce the heat to medium high and add half the butter (1 & 1/2 tbsp) and the remaining olive oil. Once the butter is melted, add the mushrooms and cook until caramelised
- Reduce the heat to medium and add the remaining butter and the eschallots and cook for 1-2 minutes or until softened
- Add the tomato paste and stir through the mixture and cook for 1 minute
- Add the brandy to the mixture, stir and bring to a simmer and cook for 1-2 minutes
- Add the beef stock and worcestershire sauce, stir and bring to a simmer
- Add the seared beef and juices and simmer for 30 minutes to an 1 hour uncovered. Until the sauce has reduced and the beef is tender
- Remove pan from the heat and add the sour cream and stir through until fully combined and season to taste with salt and pepper
NOTE: THIS IS BASED ON THE INGREDIENTS WE USED, NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION MAY VARY DEPENDING ON THE INGREDIENTS USED.
Nutrition Per Serve
Disclosure: The above post may contain affiliate links. We may earn a small commission from purchases made through these links, at no additional cost to you. Everything we recommend on our website are products we use and love. Thank you for supporting Have Butter will Travel and allowing us to share our low carb experiences with you.