This keto custard recipe is the perfect keto dessert. It is basically a fat bomb with the eggs and cream being the main ingredients. If you have been looking for an excellent low carb custard recipe, this recipe will not disappoint. We love to serve it with some of our keto granola and some low carb berries like blueberries or strawberries. I love this homemade keto custard recipe as you are able to control the ingredients you use. You can pick your favourite keto sweetener and know you will be able to enjoy it without all the carbs.
When we first started out on our keto lifestyle this keto custard was a staple in our house. I love a serving of keto custard after dinner for a yummy dessert. We love to make a batch of this up on the weekend and then we have a custard for dessert for the rest of the week.
Keto custard is wonderful by itself. I highly recommend letting it sit in the fridge for a day as it will thicken slightly and be even more delicious. We much prefer this keto custard served cold. We will often serve it with some berries, like blueberries, and when we want to really take it to the next level, we will top it with some keto granola.
This keto dessert is great because it’s so simple and much easier than making a cake or other type of dessert. We just portion it into 5 portions and keep n the fridge and we have dessert ready to go.
Keto Custard recipes
If you love keto custard as much as we do, check out some of our favourite keto custard recipes below.
As you progress through your keto journey you will discover that most recipes have a keto version and desserts are no different. If you have a favourite dessert, it is likely that there is a keto version of it somewhere on the internet.
If you are a fan of keto desserts, here are some of our favourites:
- Lemon cake
- Keto fried ice cream
- Keto gingerbread cheesecake
- Keto panna cotta
- Keto egg loaf
- Keto whoopie pies
- Keto tiramisu
- Custard tart
- Christmas pudding
- Keto white chocolate cheesecake
We love to use Sukrin sweeteners in our keto baking and this keto custard. We have tried loads of the sweeteners available on the market and have found this to be the best tasting option with no bitter after taste. Our family and friends, who are not keto, love our keto baking too when it is made with Sukrin. Also, it is made with our preferred sweeteners, a combination of stevia glycosides and erythritol.
Australians! Don’t worry, the Sukrin products are available for us too. If you are interested check out Sukrin Australia.
Our favourites from the Sukrin products are;
- Sukrin 1 – which substitutes one for one for white sugar
- Sukrin Gold – which substitutes one for one for brown sugar
- Sukrin Melis – which substitutes one for one for icing or powdered sugar
- Sukrin Gold Fibre Syrup – this reminds me of golden syrup that we use in baking in Australia. It tastes delicious and is great for making any caramel recipes
- Once you get the hang of making keto custard it is pretty easy, but you do need to be careful with the heat of your cooktop. After you combine the eggs and the cream mixture and put it back on the heat you don’t want it to cook too quickly, as the eggs will scramble. Just take your time, keep it on medium-low and stir away. A little bit of patience is required, but it will be worth it once you taste the end result.
- You will be left with some egg whites after you make the keto custard, so what can you do with them? Well, they can be stored in the fridge for a few days and also frozen. One of my favourite ways to use them is to make some coconut macaroons. The recipe for the macaroons can be found in our tropical trifle recipe.
- We prefer to have our custard cold, so store it in the fridge overnight before serving. This will also allow it to thicken slightly.
- With some fresh blueberries or raspberries
- Sprinkled with our keto Granola
- Straight out of the bowl!
- Add some to your coffee – trust me on this one!
- We are yet to try this, but you can put it in your ice cream churner and make keto ice cream.
- As part of our Raspberry Trifle, Tropical Trifle or a custard tart.
Disclosure: The above post may contain affiliate links. We may earn a small commission from purchases made through these links, at no additional cost to you. Everything we recommend on our website are products we use and love. Thank you for supporting Have Butter will Travel and allowing us to share our low carb experiences with you.
You may need –
This keto dessert recipe is basically the perfect keto dessert. It is a super simple dessert that is full of fat with the cream and eggs. You only need 5 ingredients and you will end up with the best keto custard. We also love the vanilla bean that is infused in this custard.
If you like this recipe, please give it a 5 star rating.
If you like this recipe you may also like…
- Roasted Peaches
- Biscoff Rocky Road
- Keto Strawberry Cheesecake Parfait
- Keto Anzac Biscuits
- Keto Chocolate Mousse
- Keto Eton Mess
- Keto Flourless Chocolate Cake
- Keto Salted Caramel Custard
- Keto Cheesecake Fluff
- Keto White Christmas
Keto Custard – Vanilla Flavour
- 2 cups pure cream (heavy whipping cream)
- 6 egg yolks, large
- 2 tbsp granulated sweetener
- 1 vanilla bean (or 2 tsp vanilla extract)
- 1 pinch salt
- Slice the vanilla bean in half and scrape the seeds out of each side of the bean with the back of your knife
- Add vanilla bean, seeds, salt and cream to a small saucepan. Heat over medium heat stirring occasionally until just boiling, then take off the heat
- Meanwhile whisk together the egg yolks and sweetener in a small bowl until combined
- Slowly pour the hot cream mixture over the egg yolks, whisking continuously
- Return the mixture to a clean saucepan. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring continuously, until the mixture thickens and coats the back of a spoon
- Remove from the heat and strain to remove the vanilla pod and any lumps
NOTE: THIS IS BASED ON THE INGREDIENTS WE USED, NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION MAY VARY DEPENDING ON THE INGREDIENTS USED.
Disclosure: The above post may contain affiliate links. We may earn a small commission from purchases made through these links, at no additional cost to you. Everything we recommend on our website are the products we use and love. Thank you for supporting Have Butter will Travel and allowing us to share our low carb experiences with you.