We are not very good at including a lot of seafood in our every day meals and we have been looking to create a delicious salmon that we could add to our regular meal rotation. This keto teriyaki salmon has become just that meal. It is full of teriyaki flavours and is perfect paired with some steamed Asian greens.
This is a sponsored post by Low Carb Emporium, Australia’s leading online shop for our favourite keto-friendly products. All products recommended in this post are based on our personal favourites.
Salmon on Keto
Salmon is one of those foods we would really like to have more of in our weekly meal rotation. Every time we have it, we love it and really enjoy the flavours and this keto teriyaki salmon is the perfect way to have it. It has just never been our go to protein.
I know that this keto teriyaki salmon is definitely going to help with that. We hear a lot about the health benefits of salmon, hence the reason we would love to increase our intake to at least once a week.
Salmon has been linked to health benefits like:
- Lowers blood pressure
- Source of healthy fats
- High in vitamins like A, D E and K
- Improves memory
- Anti inflammatory
- Healthy skin
If you are like us and want to add more salmon to your meal rotation, check out some great keto salmon recipes below.
Niulife Coconut Aminos
We have recently fallen in love with these niulife coconut based sauces. They have a range of different coconut based sauces which are an excellent replacement for soy sauce and tamari.
- Coconut aminos original sauce
- Cocomino BBQ coconut aminos
- Cocomino teriyaki coconut aminos
- Cocomino naked coconut aminos
- Cocomino fysh coconut aminos
- Coconut sweet chilli sauce
All of the flavours are available from Low Carb Emporium. You will also find some in the health food section of the supermarkets in Australia.
If you are looking for sauces with clean ingredients, soy and wheat free, you definitely will want to give these a try. The fysh sauce is great to use where recipes call for fish sauce and we like to use the original coconut aminos in place of soy sauce in recipes.
Keto Seafood Meals
Seafood is a great low carb protein. We love to have prawns, grilled calamari and have just started having more fish including salmon and white fish like basa.
If you love seafood and have been looking for some great keto friendly recipes, check out some of our favourites:
Low Carb Emporium
Low Carb Emporium is the premium online low carb website in Australia. They launched in October 2017 and have grown to be the stockists of the best low carb products Australia has to offer. We love Low Carb Emporium and place an order with them every couple of months. Although at the moment it feels like we are ordering more like every couple of weeks.
Jack and Yvonne have gone from shipping products out of their garage to now needing a warehouse to distribute all our favourite products. We were lucky enough to be invited to check out their new premises and were impressed by all the wonderful products they have in stock now.
For this recipe you can purchase the below ingredients from Low Carb Emporium using our code for a discount – HAVEBUTTER5
- You can use salmon fillets with the skin on or off for this recipe. We prefer to use salmon fillets with the skin off.
- We like to serve this salmon with steamed Asian greens, but it would also be delicious with cauliflower rice or mash.
Disclosure: The above post may contain affiliate links. We may earn a small commission from purchases made through these links, at no additional cost to you. Everything we recommend on our website are products we use and love. Thank you for supporting Have Butter will Travel and allowing us to share our low carb experiences with you.
You may need –
Keto Teriyaki Salmon
This keto teriyaki salmon recipe is a real crowd pleaser. If you are not a huge fan of salmon but would like to include it more in your diet you should definitely give this recipe a try. It is super easy and delicious and you get all those nutrition benefits of the salmon included in your meal.
If you like this recipe, please give it a 5 star rating.
If you like this recipe you may also like…
- Teriyaki Chicken Rice Bowl
- Mexican Chicken Salad
- Mexican tuna salad
- Tuna Salad without Mayo
- Panko Chicken
- Cream Cheese Pasta
- Lemon Chicken Marinade
- Mexican chicken marinade
- Smoked Chicken Salad
- Tandoori Chicken Salad
Keto Teriyaki Salmon
- 2 salmon fillets (approx. 200g each)
- ¼ cup coconut aminos
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, minced
- 2 tsp sesame seeds
- Combine the coconut aminos, seasame oil, garlic and ginger in a bowl to make the marinade for the salmon
- Add the salmon to the marinade and toss to ensure it is all coated. Cover and place in fridge for an hour
- While the salmon is marinating, toast the sesame seeds and set aside.
- Once the salmon has marinated for an hour, heat a large non-stick fry pan over medium-high heat
- Remove the salmon fillets from the marinade and set aside the leftover marinade
- Once the pan is heated, place the salmon into the pan and cook on each side for 3-4 minutes. The cook time will depend on the thickness of the salmon and how cooked you prefer salmon
- Once the salmon is cooked, remove, cover and set aside
- Add a ¼ cup of water to the leftover marinade and stir to combine
- In the fry pan that cooked the salmon, add the marinade and bring to boil and allow to thicken, it should only take a few minutes. Once the marinade has reached a glaze consistency, pour over the salmon
- Sprinkle over the sesame seeds and it is ready to serve