We absolutely love Mexican flavours and find we are often making dishes with taco seasoning. This easy keto taco casserole recipe gives you all the delicious Mexican flavours from the taco seasoning in an easy to make casserole. Kids will love this keto taco casserole and you might even get away with adding the cauliflower rice without them knowing. To make this keto taco casserole recipe more kid-friendly you can leave out the jalapeños.
Easy Keto Taco Casserole
Casseroles and bakes are really good weekday option. They are usually pretty easy to throw together, pop in the oven and then dinner is ready to go. We also love that the whole meal is all in one dish. With this easy keto taco casserole, it includes your vegetables in the cauliflower rice, so no need for a side with this meal!
This recipe is also going to be one of those meals that you can serve to the whole family, even the kids and the non-keto members of your family. Sometimes, if you just serve the meal up and don’t make a big deal about it being low carb, they will love it and eat it with no complaints.
Bakes and casseroles are also pretty easy to make a low carb version. Check out some of our favourite low carb casseroles and bakes:
Mingle Taco Seasoning
We first found Mingle Seasonings at La Manna Supermarket in Essendon. Since then we are so happy that our favourite online low carb store, Low Carb Emporium now stock them. Their seasoning blends only use herbs and spices with no fillers and no sugar. We love to use them to season our steak, chicken wings, hamburgers and roasting vegetables.
We love the Mingle Sasonings and they have really increased their product range since we found them. They now have 2 different products. They have their original spice blends and meal spice blends. Check them out below.
Original spice blends
Meal Spice blend Sachets
- Spanish Paella (Limited Edition)
- Curry Seasoning
- Spag Bol Seasoning
- Butter Chicken Spice Blend
- Taco Seasoning
- Hearty Stroganoff (Limited Edition)
- Satay Stir Fry (Limited Edition)
If you haven’t tried any of these seasonings yet, we highly recommend them.
Other Taco Seasoning Options
We love that we can access a clean taco seasoning from Mingle, but if you don’t have access to the Mingle Seasonings from Low Carb Emporium, you have a few different options.
- Make your Own. The best recipe we like is from Wholesome Yum. We usually make up a double batch of this recipe and then we store it in a airtight jar.
- If you are in the US, check out Casa de Sante taco seasoning, Riega Organic Taco Seasoning or Select Savory Taco Seasoning. These all have clean ingredients and no fillers or sugar.
LOW CARB EMPORIUM
Low Carb Emporium is the premium online low carb website in Australia. They launched in October 2017 and have grown to be the stockists of the best low carb products Australia has to offer. We love Low Carb Emporium and place an order with them every couple of months. Although at the moment it feels like we are ordering more like every couple of weeks.
Jack and Yvonne have gone from shipping products out of their garage to now needing a warehouse to distribute all our favourite products. We were lucky enough to be invited to check out their new premises and were impressed by all the wonderful products they have in stock now.
For this recipe, you can purchase the below ingredients from Low Carb Emporium using our code for a discount – HAVEBUTTER5
Keto Mexican Dishes
As we have already mentioned above, we love Mexican flavours and a taco bowl or burrito bowl is our favourite go-to takeaway option. It is great that we are still able to have our favourite Mexican flavours in low carb and keto meals. If you love Mexican flavours as much as we do, check out some of our favourite Keto Mexican dishes below.
- Keto taco salad
- Keto nachos
- Mexican chicken pizza
- keto cheesy taco omelette
- Keto chilli
- Keto jalapeno poppers
- Cheese shell tacos
- Keto guacamole
- This recipe serves 4, so if you are only serving 1-2, there are definitely leftovers for lunch the next day.
- Stores well in the freezer, so you can batch cook this on the weekend and store in freezer for dinners during the week.
- You can make this casserole ahead of time and store the unbaked version in the fridge and then just pop in the oven to cook when you get home and dinner will be ready in under 40 minutes.
- Whilst this is great by itself, you could serve with some avocado and salsa.
Disclosure: The above post may contain affiliate links. We may earn a small commission from purchases made through these links, at no additional cost to you. Everything we recommend on our website are products we use and love. Thank you for supporting Have Butter will Travel and allowing us to share our low carb experiences with you.
You may need –
Keto Taco Casserole
This keto taco casserole is packed full of the delicious Mexican flavours from the taco seasoning and also has a wonderful cheesy creamy topping with the sour cream and tasty cheese. We absolutely love that this keto taco casserole is a real family friendly keto meal. It can be hard to find great keto recipes that also please the kids and any non keto members of the family. I can see this being favourite with our nieces and nephews.
If you like this recipe, please give it a 5 star rating.
If you like this recipe you may also like…
- Keto Egg Salad
- Keto Pumpkin Soup – Curry & Coconut
- Keto Teriyaki Salmon
- Keto Creamy Pesto Pasta
- Easy Keto Lasagne
- 18 of the Best Keto Soup Recipes
- Keto Chicken Soup
- Keto Taco Casserole
- Easy Keto Dinner Recipes
- Best Keto Chicken Recipes
- 400 g cauliflower rice
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp salt
- 100 g cheddar cheese, grated
- Pre-heat oven to 200C/400F
- Place the cauliflower rice in a heatproof bowl, cover and microwave on high for 5 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Remove the seeds and stalk from the jalapeno and finely dice
- Heat a large frypan or skillet over medium heat and add the ghee
- Once the ghee has melted add the onion and jalapeno and saute for 5-6 minutes. Be careful not to brown too much, you just want to gently cook it
- Once onion mixture is cooked, turn the heat to high and add the mince. Using a fork or wooden spoon break up the mince as it cooks.
- Once the mince is cooked, add the tomato paste and the taco seasoning, stirring to combine through the mince mixture. Stirring for 1-2 minutes whilst the seasoning and paste cook
- Add the water and ½ a teaspoon of salt and cook until water has evaporated
- Remove meat mixture from the heat and add the coriander leaves and stir to combine
- Place the meat mixture into the bottom of your baking dish, making sure to spread evenly
- Place the cooled cauliflower rice, sour cream and 1 tsp of salt in a bowl and mix together until well combined
- Spread the cauliflower mixture on top of the meat mixture in the baking dish, spreading evenly
- Top with grated cheese and place in oven. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until top has browned and casserole is heated through.