This keto spiced nuts recipe is perfect when entertaining. We love to serve keto snacks when entertaining and these keto spiced nuts are a big winner. They are often the first of the keto snacks to go when we serve them to our friends and family. Taking these to Christmas celebrations and new year eve parties as a great snack for everyone to enjoy, has become our thing.
Handmade Christmas Gifts
Handmade gifts are an excellent and thoughtful gift to give your friends and family at Christmas. We love to make up some hand made gifts to give to work colleagues and neighbours during the festive season. These keto spiced nuts could be placed in a cute jar and made into a Christmas treat by wrapping the lid with Christmas material and tying around the jar with some Christmas ribbon.
Other great handmade gifts you could give your keto friends and family this Christmas are –
- Rum balls
- White Christmas
- Chocolate bark
- Keto Granola and Chocolate honey granola
- Cookies including Hazelnut cookies, chocolate peanut butter cookies and gingerbread cookies
Nuts on Keto
Nuts are an excellent snack option on a ketogenic diet. It’s really important to know the best nuts for keto, as some are higher in carbs than others. Be aware that nuts are really easy to overeat as they are so delicious.
Not all nuts are created equal when it comes to macros and the keto diet. The great thing for you is we have done the research for you. Check out our article on the best nuts for keto, to learn which have the lowest carbs and work the best on a keto diet.
We absolutely love nuts at Have Butter will Travel and often use them in our recipes. Some of our favourite nut recipes are:
- Baked camembert
- Keto Granola
- Pecan cheesecake muffins
- Nutella fat bombs
- Hazelnut cookies
- Chocolate peanut butter cookies
Whilst snacking is not necessary on a ketogenic diet, sometimes snacks are needed. They are great to have on hand when on the go or some in your back pack when travelling. We also love to take keto snacks with us to family functions and get togethers with friends.
We know that there is always going to nibbles and snacks out the moment you arrive to these events and the easiest way to avoid temptation is to take some keto friendly snacks with you to share with your family and friends.
Keto snacks are great to serve to your non keto family and friends when they visit.
Our favourite keto snacks to share with friends are –
- A grazing platter
- Baked camembert
- White chocolate keto fat bombs
- Choc mint slice
- Cheese crisps
- Salami crisps
- Chocolate salami
Entertaining and keto
When we began our ketogenic lifestyle in July 2016, we were worried about how we would be able to incorporate our change in lifestyle with our love of entertaining our friends and family. We also wanted to still be able to enjoy going to our family get togethers and BBQ’s and catch up with our friends.
There was no need to worry. We have experienced countless events and get togethers now and our friends even put on a Christmas lunch last year and made sure there was plenty of keto options for us. We are lucky as our friends and family have both embraced our lifestyle change and are extremely accommodating.
Some tips to help you navigate entertaining and remaining on your ketogenic diet are:
- Don’t be afraid to serve keto food to your friends. If you choose the right menu, they won’t even notice the missing carbs.
- Take snacks with you that everyone will love.
- Offer to take a dish to a BBQ or friends catch up. We often do this. We offer to take a dessert as we know we won’t be able to eat most desserts on offer.
- Ask the host what is likely to be on the menu so you can plan ahead.
- Once the nuts have gone into the oven, you will need to keep an eye on them. The spices can burn if they are left in there too long. As ovens vary, cook times are a guide. In order to make sure the nuts don’t burn, check them every few minutes.
- We would also recommend turning the tray about halfway through the cook time for a more even cook across the nuts.
- These keto spiced nuts will keep in an airtight container for a couple of weeks.
- Serve in your favourite decorative bowl and put out when entertaining.
- I like to package a serve up in a snaplock bag and take to work as a keto snack.
Disclosure: The above post may contain affiliate links. We may earn a small commission from purchases made through these links, at no additional cost to you. Everything we recommend on our website are products we use and love. Thank you for supporting Have Butter will Travel and allowing us to share our low carb experiences with you.
You may need –
Keto Spiced Nuts
Keto spiced nuts are the perfect keto snack to share with your friends and family when entertaining. They are great to serve to people as they arrive and pair perfectly with your favourite low carb beer. Savoury spiced nuts recipe are a big hit, as even with your non keto friends and family will love them.
If you like this recipe, please give it a 5 star rating.
If you like this recipe you may also like…
- Pre heat oven to 160C or 320F. Line a baking tray with non-stick paper.
- In a bowl combine the melted butter, syrup and all the spices and stir to completely combine.
- Add the nuts to the butter and spice mixture and toss well to ensure all the nuts are completely coated in the spice mixture.
- Spread out the nuts on the tray and ensure they are spread in one even layer.
- Bake in the oven for 15-18 minutes until the nuts are toasted. Be careful as the nuts may burn quickly towards the end of cooking. So make sure you keep an eye on them and remove them from the oven once they are browned but not burnt.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely on the tray and then store in an airtight container.