We are the first to admit that we have never been big Aldi shoppers, but we know that many of you are and love and swear by the products you buy there. We were pleasantly surprised by the different keto snacks at Aldi.
Keto snacks at Adli – FYI
When we were working on this keto snacks at Aldi list we decided on a few points:
- We were looking for low carb snacks. We didn’t worry too much about ingredients and decided to let you make a decision around if the ingredients fit your choices and lifestyle.
- We are also aware that snacking isn’t usually recommended on a keto diet and we don’t usually snack on daily basis. As we feel keto is a lifestyle choice, we feel snacking does suit some situations, like travelling, movies and socialising with friends and family.
- We also tried to only include foods that you could consume immediately and didn’t need any preparation at all.
- The keto snacks at Aldi we found were what was available at our local Aldi. We are aware this will vary widely depending on your local Aldi.
Berries are such a great grab and go snack. Blueberries, strawberries, raspberries and blackberries are easily found in most of the Aldi supermarkets in Australia.
The price will definitely vary for all berries depending on the season. We were researching for this article the blueberries and strawberries were $1.99 a punnet.
- Strawberries 5.5g net carbs per 100g
- Blueberries 12g net carbs per 100g
- Raspberries 5.5g net carbs per 100g
Salami & Prosciutto
Aldi had a range of different cold meat options. We noticed that the Bergs brand had the lowest carb options. You can definitely grab a packet of salami or prosciutto or even ham for a quick and easy on the go snack.
- Prosciutto $4.29
- Sopressa Salami $2.49
- Prosciutto 1.1g net carbs per 100g
- Sopressa Salami less than 1g net carbs per 100g
Aldi had a really wide range of different varieties of sliced cheese. Sliced cheese is another really easy grab and go snack option available at Aldi. I can just imagine opening a packet of cheese slices in the car after doing my shopping. They also had edam and gouda snack bites that would be great to add to your work lunch box.
- Cheese slices all varieties $3.99
- Edam or Gouda bites $2.49
- The carbs may vary slightly on the different varieties of cheese slices.
- Edam bites less than 1g per serve.
Olives can be a really great snack, just keep an eye on the ingredients if you have issues with vegetable oils as many of them are stored in vegetable oils. I love to include olives as an afternoon snack at work as sometimes I am looking for a salty snack.
- Mixed olives $2.99
- 2.5g net carbs per 100g
The thing I love about the Moser Roth 85% dark chocolate is the portions. It comes wrapped into portion sizes, which is a neccessity for me with chocolate. It means I am easily limited to the 1 serving as chocolate is so easy to overeat for me. The portion also makes it a great treat to pop into the kids lunch boxes.
- $2.69 per pack
- 5.1g net carbs per serve
Toasted Coconut Flakes
We love these toasted coconut flakes and often use these as a great snack. I would recommend weighing out your serving size as they can be easy to over consume. We really love the sea salt flavour. The other bonus is that they are organic. Aldi really has some great organic options at really affordable prices.
- $3.99 for a 140g bag
- 2.5g net carbs per serve
Aldi has a really wonderful range of nuts. They have a range of raw nuts, dry roasted nut mix and handy portion controlled almond snack packs. We found the dry roasted mix in the middle section of our Aldi and the almond snack packs in the grocery isles.
- Dry roasted nut mix $8.99 for 400g bag
- Almond snack pack $3.49
- Dry roasted nut mix 1.9g net carbs per serve
- Almond snack pack 1.7g net carbs per serve
Aldi had a great low carb biltong option. We checked out the Hydale brand and were impressed with the low carb option they had. Always with jerky and Biltong it is really important to check out the nutritional panel as not all biltong and jerky are created equal. We are not massive fans of jerky, so are not sure on the flavour of this one. If you have tried it please let us know in the comments below what your thoughts on this biltong is.
- $6.99 per pack
- 0.6g net carbs per serve
Canned fish and Seafood
When we are looking for canned fish or seafood we are always looking for it in springwater or olive oil. Aldi have a fabulous range of canned fish and many of their options come in springwater, which is excellent. We loved that they had canned oysters, yellow finned tuna and sardines. We thought the rainbow trout was also an interesting option, just check the ingredients as it was likely to be in vegetable oil.
- Oysters in springwater $1.29 a can
- Tuna slices in springwater $1.99 a can
- Oysters in springwater 4.1g net carbs per 100g
- Tuna slices less than 1g net carbs per 100g
These are the best keto snacks at Aldi that we were able to find. We are definitely sure we missed some, so please let us know in the comments below, what your favourite snacks are. We have loved putting together this keto snacks at Aldi list. Make sure you also check out our Keto snacks at Coles article here.