Keto zucchini salad is a nice summery change from plain zucchini noodles. The Mediterranean flavours work really well as a side dish to some grilled fish, chicken or a steak. We love salads in the summer and this keto zucchini salad really satisfies.
Keto zucchini salad is an excellent option to take to a BBQ or family get together. The combination of feta cheese and fresh basil pesto is a real winner.
We love to have this salad when the Melbourne weather is hot and we don’t want the oven heating up the house. It’s delicious paired with some seafood cooked on the BBQ or some grilled chicken.
If we are in super lazy mode we would buy a rotisserie chicken and zucchini noodles from the supermarket and whip up this salad. That’s a perfect lazy keto dinner, right there.
Zucchini has long been a popular low carb replacement for noodles in the keto and low carb communities. Even before we started our ketogenic lifestyle we loved to spiralise our zucchini to serve with spaghetti sauce.
Spiralising has become a very popular way to cut vegetables. it’s not limited to zucchini either. It’s a great way to cut up vegetables for a salad. I am surprised with how many different vegetables can be cut with a spiraliser. I have seen beetroots, capsicums, broccoli, cabbage, celeriac, cucumber, radish, onion, parsnip and of course zucchini.
The best thing about using a spiraliser is the uniform and fine cut it gives the vegetables. It’s a really quick way to cut up onions without getting those watery eyes. We like this one.
Tips for keto zucchini salad
- It is best to put this together just before serving, as the zucchini will release liquid once it is coated in the pesto
- Try making your own roasted capsicums using our step-by-step guide
- Delicious served with grilled chicken or fish
- Check out our How to: Zucchini Noodles post or you can buy them pre-made in some supermarkets too
Check out our other delicious meals.
- Keto Singapore Noodles
- Kombucha marinated chicken thighs
- Keto Egg Drop Soup
- Keto Nachos
- Porcini Meatball Stroganoff
- Keto Sausage tray bake
- Keto Laksa – Chicken
- Keto Osso Bucco Stew
- Creamy Bacon Noodles
- Keto Cauliflower Soup with smoky bacon flavours
- Spiralize zucchinis into spaghetti like strands. Chop the roasted capsicum into small pieces
- Combine zucchini noodles, capsicum, olives and pesto in a bowl and stir to fully combine
- Add 3/4 of the feta cheese and 3/4 of the pine nuts to the zucchini mixture and lightly mix. Reserve the rest of the cheese and pine nuts for garnish
- Transfer zucchini to a serving dish and top with crumbled feta and pine nuts to serve
Serves six as a side dish
NOTE: THIS IS BASED ON THE INGREDIENTS WE USED, NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION MAY VARY DEPENDING ON THE INGREDIENTS USED. NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION DOES NOT INCLUDE ANY GARNISHES.
Nutrition Per Serve
Disclosure: The above post may contain affiliate links. We may earn a small commission from purchases made through these links, at no additional cost to you. Everything we recommend on our website are products we use and love. Thank you for supporting Have Butter will Travel and allowing us to share our low carb experiences with you.