We really enjoy having a keto poke bowl, to us it is a perfect summer meal! Usually we buy a poke salad when we are on a beach holiday, but with this keto poke bowl recipe we can now enjoy this delicious meal at home year round.
The combination of crunchy fresh salad ingredients, creamy mayo and then the fresh, sweet and savoury tuna is so delicious. If you haven’t tried raw tuna or a poke bowl before you really have to give this recipe a go!
This is a sponsored post by Low Carb Emporium, Australia’s leading online shop for our favourite keto-friendly products. All products recommended in this post are based on our personal favourites.
Tuna Poke Salad
We had our first experience with tuna poke when we were visiting Hawaii, one of our favourite places! There are so many options to choose from at the many poke bowl places around Honolulu and Oahu. Traditionally, it is served on a bed of rice, but it is also very easy just to order the marinated tuna on its own or on a bed of salad, which was perfect for us.
We have also found having a poke salad to be a good option when eating out. From our experience you can usually create your own bowl from the list of fillings and toppings, which means you can leave off the rice and stick with the low carb options. If you are by the beach, a keto tuna poke bowl is really the perfect light and tasty low carb lunch option.
Sashimi grade Tuna & Salmon
It can be tricky to find sashimi grade tuna or salmon, but we you really have to if you want to make a poke bowl. We do not recommend using salmon or tuna fillets from the supermarket or fish counter that is not labeled as sashimi grade.
We have found it is easier to purchase sashimi grade tuna or salmon directly from a fish market. We live in Newcastle, NSW and usually buy ours from the seafood market section at Harris Farm Market in Cooks Hill.
You may also be able to buy sashimi from your local sushi place and then use it to make this delicious poke bowl.
Keto Seafood Recipes
Fish and seafood is often overlooked on a ketogenic or low carb diet, but it really shouldn’t be! We find having variety in our eating plan really helps with staying on track with healthy eating. Try adding in some new fish and seafood recipes to your meal plan this week.
Check out some of our favourite low carb seafood recipes here;
Low Carb Emporium
Low Carb Emporium is the premium online low carb website in Australia. They launched in October 2017 and have grown to be the stockists of the best low carb products Australia has to offer. We love Low Carb Emporium and place an order with them every couple of months. Although at the moment it feels like we are ordering more like every couple of weeks.
Jack and Yvonne have gone from shipping products out of their garage to now needing a warehouse to distribute all our favourite products. We were lucky enough to be invited to check out their new premises and were impressed by all the wonderful products they have in stock now.
For this recipe, you can purchase the below ingredients from Low Carb Emporium using our code for a discount – HAVEBUTTER5
- You can use any salad ingredients you prefer or what you have on hand to create the base for your keto poke salad. We like mixed salad leaves, cucumber, carrot, radish and avocado. You could also use zucchini noodles, cauliflower rice, sprouts, micro greens, rocket (arugula), baby spinach leaves or shredded cabbage.
- We prefer to use tuna in our poke bowl but you could also use salmon or another sashimi fish if you prefer.
- This dish is best assembled just prior to serving, but you could prepare all the salad ingredients and marinade the tuna beforehand and then you would just need to assemble prior to serving.
- If you don’t have the Good Fat chilli mayo, you can use your own homemade mayo and stir through some sriracha or chilli paste to make a chilli mayo.
Disclosure: The above post may contain affiliate links. We may earn a small commission from purchases made through these links, at no additional cost to you. Everything we recommend on our website are products we use and love. Thank you for supporting Have Butter will Travel and allowing us to share our low carb experiences with you.
You may need –
Keto Poke Bowl
You are going to love this keto poke bowl recipe and if you are new to poke -welcome! We really enjoy including seafood in our regular meal plans for the freshness and variety. One of the best parts of this keto tuna poke bowl recipe is that there is no cooking required – gotta love that on a hot summer’s day.
If you like this recipe, please give it a 5 star rating.
If you like this recipe you may also like…
- Pan-Fried Salmon with Curry Sauce
- Keto Curried Sausages
- Keto Poke Bowl
- Keto mac and cheese
- Keto Egg Salad
- Keto Pumpkin Soup – Curry & Coconut
- Keto Teriyaki Salmon
- Keto Creamy Pesto Pasta
- Easy Keto Lasagne
- 18 of the Best Keto Soup Recipes
- salad leaves, rocket or baby spinach
- cucumber, sliced or in ribbons
- carrot, grated
- radish, sliced
- onions, thinly sliced
- chilli mayonnaise
- extra toasted seame seeds
- extra chives, chopped
- Dice the tuna into cubes
- Place the reamining tuna poke ingredients for the dressing into a small bowl and stir to combine
- Add the tuna to the dressing and toss to ensure all the tuna is coated. Set aside to marinade while you prepare the salad ingredients
Poke Bowl Assembly
- Prepare your salad ingredients. You can use any of your preferred low carb vegetables, you don't need to use the ones we recommend
- Divide your salad leaves between two bowls and place your other preferred salad ingredients on top. I like to arrange the different ingredients in small piles around the bowl
- Top the salad ingredients with a drizzle of chilli mayo. You can use as much as you prefer
- Divide the tuna into two portions and top the middle of each salad bowl. Drizzle any leftover tuna marinade over the salad leaves
- You can also garnish the tuna with additional sesame seeds and chives if you like