If there was one savoury dish that Erika misses the most, it would be nachos. She was so excited, when Low Carb Emporium started stocking the Quest tortilla chips, as she wanted to come up with a tasty keto nachos recipe. This keto nachos recipe ticks all the best nachos boxes. It is cheesy, crunchy, saucy and packed full of flavour. The Quest chips work perfectly as a corn chip replacement.
This is a sponsored post by Low Carb Emporium, Australia’s leading online shop for our favourite keto friendly products. All products recommended in this post are based on our personal favourites.
Keto nachos has been Erika’s dream since we started our ketogenic lifestyle. She has tried several different versions and has come up with a definite winner. The key was finding a cracker or chip that would work the best as a corn chip replacement. She experimented with a few different options, including pork rinds, Loka crackers and the Quest chips. The Quest chips definitely are the most corn chip like replacement we have found.
At 4g net carbs for the whole bag, the Nacho Cheese Tortilla Style Protein Chips, are the lowest carb replacement option to the corn chip we have found. They taste very similar to nacho cheese flavoured Doritos.
This keto nachos recipe is the perfect Friday night dinner or game day meal. We love to do Friday night movie night and serving up keto nachos is the perfect meal to snack on while watching our favourite movies.
Low Carb Products
We love finding great low carb products that allow us to have some of our old favourite dishes. This recipe uses 2 of these ingredients, Quest protein chips and Oksana’s salsa. Companies like Low Carb Emporium and iHerb are a godsend for us. The allow us to find some of the best low carb products available in Australia and order them all in the one place.
We love to compare these products to the high carb replacements we would find in the supermarket in Australia. The Quest chips are 4g net carbs per serve (32g) versus the nacho cheese Doritos at 16.5g net carbs per serve (27g).
The Oksana’s mild salsa is 5.5g net carbs per 100g versus Doritos mild salsa is 7.1g net carbs per 100g. The thing we love about the Oksana’s products is the clean real food ingredients. This salsa’s ingredients are Tomato (Fresh), Onion, Apple, Tomato 7.2% (From Paste), Chilli, Capsicum, Vinegar, Garlic, Salt, Pepper.
Low Carb Emporium
Low Carb Emporium is the premium online low carb website in Australia. They launched in October 2017 and have grown to be the stockists of the best low carb products Australia has to offer. We love Low Carb Emporium and place an order with them every couple of months. Although at the moment it feels like we are ordering more like every couple of weeks.
Jack and Yvonne have gone from shipping products out of their garage to now needing a warehouse to distribute all our favourite products. We were lucky enough to be invited to check out their new premises and were impressed by all the wonderful products they have in stock now.
For this recipe you can purchase the below ingredients from Low Carb Emporium using our code for a discount HAVEBUTTER5
- Keep an eye on the nachos in the oven, as the chips can easily catch and burn.
- We love this nachos with shredded chicken as it makes it super easy, but it will also work with pulled pork or ground beef.
- Top with your favourite Mexican keto toppings. We love avocado or guacamole, jalapenos, coriander, low carb sweet chilli sauce and low carb salsa.
Struggle with lunch ideas? access our free ebook now
Disclosure: The above post may contain affiliate links. We may earn a small commission from purchases made through these links, at no additional cost to you. Everything we recommend on our website are products we use and love. Thank you for supporting Have Butter will Travel and allowing us to share our low carb experiences with you.
You may need –
If you miss nachos since adopting a keto lifestyle, this keto nachos is definitely for you. We love this keto nachos for the cheesy “corn chip” crunch paired with our favourite Mexican spices and flavours.
If you like this recipe you may also like…
- Keto Egg Drop Soup
- Keto Nachos
- Porcini Meatball Stroganoff
- Keto Sausage tray bake
- Keto Laksa – Chicken
- Keto Osso Bucco Stew
- Creamy Bacon Noodles
- Keto Cauliflower Soup with smoky bacon flavours
- Keto Chicken Tenders – Sesame crusted
- Keto Chicken Burgers – Zucchini and Halloumi
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C/350F
- In a bowl, mix the shredded chicken and the salsa until the chicken is coated with the salsa
- In a small oven-proof dish, arrange the chips around sides. Try and not put many on the base as they might go a little soggy
- Place the chicken mixture at the bottom of the baking dish and top with grated cheese
- Place in oven and cook for 10 minutes or until cheese is golden brown
- Once cooked, remove from the oven and top with sour cream and your favourite nachos toppings and serve.