Sometimes you feel like something different from the standard bacon and eggs for breakfast. We have had baked eggs at cafes before and wanted to give them a go at home. These Mediterranean eggs are perfect for a stay at home breakfast.
When browsing in a thrift store, we found a small cast iron skillet and just had to buy it. It was the perfect pan to cook these eggs in and just so cute. The perfect size for one serve and easily accommodated 2 eggs and the sauce.
When deciding on the flavours we wanted to try for this dish, we wanted to test out some Mediterranean flavours. We love the saltiness of feta and olives and feel they pair so well with tomatoes and eggs.
Struggle with lunch ideas? access our free ebook now
This was a test run of the flavours to see if they worked. We were actually really surprised with how well these flavours turned out. Originally, we considered adding salt and decided against it, due to the saltiness of the feta and olives. This dish doesn’t need the added salt. It is perfect just like this.
- As is. This dish is delicious on it’s own. You can even just eat it straight out of the pan.
- With low carb bread on the side. Some of this bread toasted and dipped into the sauce. Yum!
- As part of a breakfast cook up. This will be delicious served up with some bacon, sausage and mushrooms for a big breakfast. This could easily be our one meal a day on a weekend.
- You can easily multiply the recipe up for more than one person and use a larger skillet. It may just take a little longer in the oven.
Let us know in the comments your favourite keto breakfasts.
Check out some of our other delicious keto breakfast recipes-
- Keto Smoothie Bowl
- Black Forest Keto Chia Parfait
- Keto Cheesy Taco Omelette
- 5 Easy Make Ahead Keto Breakfast Ideas
- Pecan Pie Keto Oatmeal
- Bulletproof Bone Broth
- Mediterranean Eggs
- How to Poach Eggs
- Keto Breakfast Muffins
- How to Make an Omelette
- Pre heat oven to 200 degrees Celsius or 400 degrees Fahrenheit
- In a small skillet or frying pan place the tomato sauce and olives and bring to a simmer over medium heat
- Break the 2 eggs into a cup
- Reduce the heat to low and gently add eggs to the skillet or pan and cook on low for 5 minutes
- Crumble the feta on top of the eggs and sprinkle the red pepper flakes (If using) on top
- Place in the oven and bake for 5 minutes or until egg whites are cooked through. We like the yolks runny, if you prefer then hard you will need to cook longer
- Remove from the oven and serve
NOTE: THIS IS BASED ON THE INGREDIENTS WE USED, NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION MAY VARY DEPENDING ON THE INGREDIENTS USED.
Disclosure: The above post may contain affiliate links. We may earn a small commission from purchases made through these links, at no additional cost to you. Everything we recommend on our website are products we use and love. Thank you for supporting Have Butter will Travel and allowing us to share our low carb experiences with you.