What could be more Australian than a grilled prawn on the BBQ? In summer the BBQ is a great cooking option and these keto shrimp are perfect for it. This meal is super delicious and super low carb, so it is a win win.
Keto Shrimp (Prawns)
We have never been great at eating a lot of fish and seafood in our diet. These marinated BBQ prawns have become a regular in our diet now over summer. These prawns would also pair really well with this roasted capsicum and zucchini salad.
In Australia, we use the term prawns opposed to the American term shrimp. You may remember the Aussie commercial with Paul Hogan that used the slogan, ‘throw another shrimp on the barbie’. Well, in Australia you would never hear this said!
BBQ or grilling
We really enjoy cooking a lot of our meats on the BBQ. Seafood is an excellent option to grill on the BBQ as it adds a delicious charred flavour to them. Other foods I love to grill are steaks, burgers, bacon, eggs and halloumi.
In Australia, we love to BBQ especially in the summer. Having our friends over for a BBQ is one of our favourite ways to entertain and these keto shrimp will definitely be on the menu.
What’s your favourite way to cook seafood? Let us know in the comments below. We are always looking for new ways to add seafood to our weekly meal plan.
Post your BBQ prawns on Facebook or Instagram and tag us @havebutterwilltravel as we would love to see how they turned out!
Check out our other delicious keto meals.
- Keto Singapore Noodles
- Kombucha marinated chicken thighs
- Keto Egg Drop Soup
- Keto Nachos
- Porcini Meatball Stroganoff
- Keto Sausage tray bake
- Keto Laksa – Chicken
- Keto Osso Bucco Stew
- Creamy Bacon Noodles
- Keto Cauliflower Soup with smoky bacon flavours
- 300 g Raw Prawns, peeled and deveined
- 2 tbs Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Long Red Chilli, thinly sliced (remove the seeds if you don't want too much heat)
- 1 clove Garlic, minced
- Zest of 1 Lemon
- 2 Lemon Cheeks
- Corriander Leaves
- Combine prawns, olive oil, lemon zest, garlic & chilli in a bowl and marinate for at least 2 hours. We marinated our overnight
- Grill prawns on high heat for a 2-3 minutes each side (depending on the size). We prefer to cook ours on the BBQ
- Grill lemon cheeks flesh side down for 4-5 minutes
- Remove prawns from the grill and serve with coriander leaves and lemon juice from the grilled lemon cheeks
Prep time does not include time for marinating
NOTE: THIS IS BASED ON THE INGREDIENTS WE USED, NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION MAY VARY DEPENDING ON THE INGREDIENTS USED. NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION DOES NOT INCLUDE ANY GARNISHES.
Nutrition Per Serve
Disclosure: The above post may contain affiliate links. We may earn a small commission from purchases made through these links, at no additional cost to you. Everything we recommend on our website are products we use and love. Thank you for supporting Have Butter will Travel and allowing us to share our low carb experiences with you.