Keto mac and cheese? Ummm how is that even possible you can’t have pasta on keto right? Well, we have got some news for you. We have found a low carb pasta replacement that tastes just like the real deal! So keto macaroni and cheese can be on your dinner table and you can enjoy every last mouthful.
Combining the Great Low Carb Bread Co pasta with our creamy cheese sauce you can make the perfect keto Mac and cheese in the comfort of your own home. Not only is this keto mac and cheese pure comfort food, it is also keto-friendly so a perfect win win.
This is a sponsored post by Low Carb Emporium, Australia’s leading online shop for our favourite keto-friendly products. All products recommended in this post are based on our personal favourites.
Traditional cheese sauce, or béchamel, is usually made with milk and wheat flour which are both ingredients we want to avoid on a ketogenic diet. But don’t worry, you can still make a delicious, thick and creamy cheese sauce without flour and milk.
Our keto cheese sauce uses pretty simple ingredients that you will likely already have on hand like, cream, cream cheese, butter and parmesan cheese. It is so quick to whip up this keto cheese sauce we love to have it on a weeknight to top some steamed vegetables or grilled meats.
This keto cheese sauce will become a staple in your cooking repertoire as it is super versatile. It’s a quick and simple recipe and even Dan can make it! It can turn any boring old meat and three veg into keto heaven.
Here are some other popular recipes that use our delicious keto cheese sauce;
The best keto pasta replacement
In this keto mac and cheese recipe we used the new Great Low Carb Bread Co peen pasta from Low Carb Emporium. This pasta has been so popular we were lucky to get our hands on some before it sold out again. Do yourself a favour and pop over to Low Carb Emporium (the exclusive supplier in Australia) and grab yourself some now. Remember to use our discount code too – HAVEBUTTER5.
At 7g net carbs per serve it is easy to work this low carb pasta into your ketogenic low carb lifestyle. If you are not a Mac and cheese fan, don’t worry, you can serve this pasta with your favourite sauce like bolognaise, carbonara, pesto or Alfredo.
The Great Low Carb Bread Co pasta is available in the following varieties;
- Rotini (spirals)
- Orzo (pasta rice)
Other keto pasta replacements
Some of the other popular keto-friendly pasta and noodles replacements are zucchini noodles, konjac or shirataki noodles and the Slendier brand soy bean and edamame pasta options. Check out some of the other delicious keto-friendly pasta and noodle recipes we enjoy;
Low Carb Emporium
Low Carb Emporium is the premium online low carb website in Australia. They launched in October 2017 and have grown to be the stockists of the best low carb products Australia has to offer. We love Low Carb Emporium and place an order with them every couple of months. Although at the moment it feels like we are ordering more like every couple of weeks.
Jack and Yvonne have gone from shipping products out of their garage to now needing a warehouse to distribute all our favourite products. We were lucky enough to be invited to check out their new premises and were impressed by all the wonderful products they have in stock now.
For this recipe, you can purchase the below ingredients from Low Carb Emporium using our code for a discount – HAVEBUTTER5
- We found the Great Low Carb Bread Co pasta took a lot longer to cook than the package directions, so make sure you boil it until it is tender for the best results.
- We used a round 20cmx4cm baking dish and found this was a good size for the amount of pasta.
- You could add any extra flavourings you like to make this keto mac and cheese even better. I am talking bacon, jalapeños, spring onion, more cheese – the world is your oyster!
- If you wanted to make this more of a complete meal you could add in some shredded BBQ chicken to the pasta and cheese sauce which would be really delicious.
Disclosure: The above post may contain affiliate links. We may earn a small commission from purchases made through these links, at no additional cost to you. Everything we recommend on our website are products we use and love. Thank you for supporting Have Butter will Travel and allowing us to share our low carb experiences with you.
You may need –
Keto Mac and Cheese
Yes, you have read this correctly. Keto mac and cheese is possible and not a cauliflower in sight here! The keto pasta replacement is just like the real deal and paired with our creamy cheese sauce it is a match made in heaven. If you have been missing pasta, especially mac and cheese, you have to give this recipe a go. Your family will not be able to tell the difference, scout’s honor!
If you like this recipe, please give it a 5 star rating.
If you like this recipe you may also like…
- Creamy Roasted Chicken Thighs with Bacon & Leek
- Keto Broccoli & Cheese Soup
- Keto Spinach & Cheese Pie
- Pan-Fried Salmon with Curry Sauce
- Keto Curried Sausages
- Keto Poke Bowl
- Keto mac and cheese
- Keto Egg Salad
- Keto Pumpkin Soup – Curry & Coconut
- Keto Teriyaki Salmon
- 227 g Great Low Carb Bread Co penne or elbows (1 packet)
- 100 g grated cheese
Prepare the pasta
- Bring a large pot of water to the boil
- Once the water is a rolling boil, add the pasta and cook per the packet directions. Please note we cooked the pasta for over 20 minutes for it to be tender
- Once the pasta is tender, drain it well in a colander to remove all the water
- Add all ingredients to a small saucepan and heat over medium
- Whisk to combine and let simmer for a few minutes to combine and thicken slightly
- Season with salt and pepper to taste
- While the pasta is boiling, preheat the oven to 180C and prepare the cheese sauce
- Combine the pasta and the cheese sauce together and mix well to ensure all the pasta is coated in the cheese sauce
- Place the pasta into your baking dish, spread out evenly and sprinkle the grated cheese over the top. We used a round 20cmx4cm dish
- Bake in the oven for 20-30 minutes, until the top is golden brown and the cheese is all bubbling
- Remove from the oven and it is ready to serve