Erika is the keto granola queen around here. She loves making it and she loves topping her chia pudding with it. Keto granola is super easy to make, even our 13 year old niece, Abbey loves to make it. Erika has been working on this new version for a little while and I feel she has definitely perfected it. She used the delicious flavours of chocolate and honey to create this amazing keto granola.
This is a sponsored post by Low Carb Emporium, Australia’s leading online shop for our favourite keto friendly products. All products recommended in this post are based on our personal favourites.
Chocolate Honey Keto Granola
This chocolate honey keto granola is not our first keto granola recipe. The very first recipe we released on Have Butter will Travel was this delicious keto granola. We have been topping our chia pudding with keto granola since we began our keto journey. I was so excited when Erika decided to experiment with a chocolate honey keto granola.
You may be thinking, wait a minute, you guys have lost your minds. Honey is NOT keto, girls. Well yes, you are correct, Honey is seen as glucose to the body and will spike your blood sugars. We agree that honey is not generally considered a keto friendly food within the keto world.
Hence, we were REALLY excited when Low Carb Emporium started stocking a low carb honey substitute.
Nature’s Hollow Sugar Free Honey
As mentioned above, we were really excited with Low Carb Emporium announced a new product, Nature’s Hollow sugar free honey. Initially, we thought, how can you make sugar free honey? This honey substitute uses xylitol as it’s sweetener and is perfect for a low carb diet.
We have drizzled it over our favourite keto friendly yoghurt, added it to our chia puddings for sweetness and now use it to create this delicious tasting chocolate honey keto granola. What we love about this sugar free honey is that it has a real honey flavour and texture without all the sugar and the blood sugar response in my body.
Nature’s Hollow have a wonderful range of sugar free products. Low Carb Emporium stock a few of these awesome products. Make sure you try their
- Keto friendly maple flavoured syrup
- Keto friendly raspberry flavoured syrup
- Keto friendly honey flavoured syrup
- Always keep a eye on the granola when it is in the oven as it can catch easily and burn.
- Cook time will depend on your oven.
- We love to use this granola as a topping for chia pudding or keto yoghurt.
- You can also eat it like cereal with keto friendly nut milks. Watch out for the carbs adding up as you could easily eat more than a serve.
Low Carb Emporium
Low Carb Emporium is the premium online low carb website in Australia. They launched in October 2017 and have grown to be the stockists of the best low carb products Australia has to offer. We love Low Carb Emporium and place an order with them every couple of months. Although at the moment it feels like we are ordering more like every couple of weeks.
Jack and Yvonne have gone from shipping products out of their garage to now needing a warehouse to distribute all our favourite products. We were lucky enough to be invited to check out their new premises and were impressed by all the wonderful products they have in stock now.
For this recipe you can purchase the below ingredients from Low Carb Emporium using our code for a discount HAVEBUTTER5
Disclosure: The above post may contain affiliate links. We may earn a small commission from purchases made through these links, at no additional cost to you. Everything we recommend on our website are products we use and love. Thank you for supporting Have Butter will Travel and allowing us to share our low carb experiences with you.
You may need –
- We recommend investing in a good heavy baking tray like this one for your granola baking.
Chocolate Honey Keto Granola
The chocolate honey flavours of this keto granola recipe will quickly make this keto granola one of your favorite recipes. We love to cook up a batch of this delicious keto granola to have on hand during the week. This keto granola is perfect to top your keto chia pudding or add to your favourite keto yoghurt.
If you like this recipe, please give it a 5 star rating.
If you like this recipe you may also like…
- Keto Ham and Cheese Muffins
- Keto Creamy Baked Eggs
- The best keto pancake recipes
- Keto Egg Salad
- 14 Best Keto Muffin Recipes
- Keto Blueberry Muffins
- Keto Breakfast Smoothie
- Keto Hot Cross Buns
- Keto Granola – Chocolate Honey
- Bulletproof Mocha – Dairy Free
- Pre heat oven to 160C/320F and line a large baking tray with non-stick paper
- Spread the almonds and coconut flakes out over the lined tray and bake in the oven for 10 minutes or until they have just started to brown. We don't want to over cook them at this stage as they will be going back in the oven.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan add the honey substitute, ghee, cacao powder and salt and heat over medium heat until the mixture all comes together and is smooth.
- Once the almonds and coconut flakes are slightly browned remove them from the oven and place them in a medium-sized bowl. Pour the chocolate and honey mixture over the nuts and stir to make sure everything is well coated.
- Spread the mixture out again on the lined tray and return to the oven for 15-20 minutes. Stir every 5 minutes to ensure it is not browning too much on the corners and the top.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely by placing the baking tray on a cooling rack. Once it is completely cooled store in an airtight container.