Egg drop soup is a very popular Chinese soup dish, that is a delicious keto meal. Keto egg drop soup combines to popular keto ingredients, bone broth and egg. This keto egg drop soup recipe is the perfect way to make your favourite bone broth into more of a meal. It’s a quick and easy meal and perfect for breakfast in a hurry.
This is a sponsored post by Low Carb Emporium, Australia’s leading online shop for our favourite keto friendly products. All products recommended in this post are based on our personal favourites.
Keto Egg Drop Soup
Egg drop soup is popular dish at many American Chinese restaurants. Traditionally it is made with vegetable or chicken stock, egg, corn starch for thickening and some toppings like green onion and tofu.
Taking the traditional version, we decided to use some of our favourite Meadow and Marrow bone broth concentrate, A.M cleanse, and leave out the corn starch to create the perfect keto egg drop soup.
This keto egg drop soup is perfect for a meal where you want something quick, easy and delicious. It’s great for those mornings where you are hungry but don’t want the full breakfast cook up.
With 0g of carbs, this is a perfect addition to your ketogenic lifestyle. We love this keto egg drop soup for breakfast on those days we feel hungry but don’t want the full keto style breakfast of eggs and bacon.
Meadow & Marrow Bone Broth
We first discovered Meadow & Marrow bone broth concentrate on a visit to Brio Emporium on the Gold coast a couple of years ago. We often make our own bone broth, but absolutely love to have some Meadow and Marrow bone broth concentrate on hand as a lazy bone broth solution.
We love that Meadow and Marrow source their bones for the broth concentrate from 100% grass fed cattle from the Darling Downs region in Australia. All of their bones are hormone and antibiotic free, so we know this bone broth is of the best quality you can find.
Meadow and Marrow bone broth concentrate is now available in the following flavours:
- A.M Cleanse – lemon, ginger, apple cider vinegar (ACV) & turmeric
- Burn – matcha, ginseng, MCT & thermogenic spice blend
- Populate – fermented miso, ACV & wakame flakes
- Boost – beetroot and MCT
- Lemon and Herb
As the Meadow and Marrow is a concentrate it means the jar makes 26 cups of delicious bone broth. We have loved to have these bone broths when doing extended fasting as a replacement for dinner.
What is Bone Broth?
Bone broth is a liquid made from stewing animal bones in water and some vinegar to release the minerals from the marrow and the bones. It can be made with any animal bones including beef, lamb, chicken, pork and fish. When we make our own bone broth we like to use a combination of bones from chickens, cows and pigs. We look for bones with lots of connective tissue and marrow. Check out our bone broth recipe here.
Some of the reported benefits of bone broth are:
- Full of nutrients including calcium, magnesium, phosphorous, collagen, gelatin and amino acids.
- Gut healing properties.
- Joint protection from the collagen
- Reduce immflammation
Low Carb Emporium
Low Carb Emporium is the premium online low carb website in Australia. They launched in October 2017 and have grown to be the stockists of the best low carb products Australia has to offer. We love Low Carb Emporium and place an order with them every couple of months. Although at the moment it feels like we are ordering more like every couple of weeks.
Jack and Yvonne have gone from shipping products out of their garage to now needing a warehouse to distribute all our favourite products. We were lucky enough to be invited to check out their new premises and were impressed by all the wonderful products they have in stock now.
For this recipe you can purchase the below ingredients from Low Carb Emporium using our code for a discount HAVEBUTTER5
- We like this keto egg drop soup with the A.M cleanse. You can use any of your favourite Meadow & Marrow flavours in this soup.
- You can also use your own homemade bone broth.
- This keto egg drop soup is great on it’s own or as a tasty starter before your main meal.
- We like to top with some spring onions or chives for extra flavour.
Disclosure: The above post may contain affiliate links. We may earn a small commission from purchases made through these links, at no additional cost to you. Everything we recommend on our website are products we use and love. Thank you for supporting Have Butter will Travel and allowing us to share our low carb experiences with you.
Keto Egg Drop Soup
This keto egg drop soup recipe is perfect for a quick and easy meal that is packed full of nutrients and flavour. Using the Meadow and Marrow A.M Cleanse bone broth concentrate from Low Carb Emporium adds the delicious flavours of lemon, ginger and turmeric.
If you like this recipe you may also like…
- Keto Hot Cross Buns
- Keto Granola – Chocolate Honey
- Bulletproof Mocha – Dairy Free
- Keto Egg Drop Soup
- Keto Chocolate Peanut Butter Muffins
- Keto Egg Muffins – Salami & Ricotta
- Keto Egg Loaf – Blueberry & Lemon
- Keto Smoothie Bowl
- Black Forest Keto Chia Parfait
- Keto Cheesy Taco Omelette
- 2 tsp Meadow and Marrow Bone Broth Concentrate – A.M. Cleanse
- 1 cup Water
- 1 Egg
- Spring onion
- In a small saucepan, add the bone broth concentrate and the water and bring it to the boil.
- In a small jug, beat the egg.
- Once the broth is boiling, remove it from the heat and immediately slowly pour in the egg, whilst whisking the broth mixture with a fork.
- Serve immediately topped with chives or spring onion