Keto creamy pesto pasta, sounds delicious right? Wait a second, pasta on keto? Have you been missing pasta on your low carb or keto lifestyle? There are now some great low carb pasta alternatives available. We have recently been using the soy bean and edamame pastas from Slendier and have really enjoyed them. In this keto creamy pesto pasta recipe we use the edamame pasta to create a delicious low carb pasta dish.
This is a sponsored post by Low Carb Emporium, Australia’s leading online shop for our favourite keto-friendly products. All products recommended in this post are based on our personal favourites.
Keto Creamy Pesto Pasta
I have to admit, I have really been enjoying taste testing this recipe. When Erika was first working on this keto creamy pesto pasta recipe, I was happy to walk in the door from work to the wonderful smell of fresh pesto and was really excited to see she had paired it with the edamame pasta.
If you have been looking for a pasta dish that is lower in carbs but still gives that real pasta feeling, this keto creamy pesto pasta recipe is for you. It is super simple to make and can be on the table in 15-20 minutes. That’s a win win in my book.
Homemade Basil Pesto
Since moving back in Newcastle in 2019, I have been really excited to start up my garden again. I started with the herb garden this time and it has been wonderful to have fresh herbs. I love that we can just wander into the front garden and have fresh basil picked in seconds. I also love that it is so much cheaper than buying herbs at the supermarket.
I first planted basil as we LOVE to make our own homemade basil pesto. One of the main reasons we like to make our own is that we can control the ingredients. We are yet to find a basil pesto in the supermarkets in Australia that doesn’t use vegetable oil. We like to use olive oil in ours and it is so quick and simple to make your own, that I am usually the one to make up the homemade pesto. Check out out recipe for homemade basil pesto below.
Low Carb Pasta Alternatives
We have been living a low carb and keto lifestyle for 4 years now and I am so impressed with the low carb products that have emerged since we began. There really wasn’t many options back when we started. The choices were the slendier konjac noodles or make your own zucchini noodles.
We have used both as pasta replacements before and neither of them give a real pasta texture. We would prefer to use the konjac noodles in Asian style dishes and the zoodles when wanting a pasta sauce like spaghetti and meatballs or creamy bacon pasta.
Slendier have now also come out with soy bean, black bean and edamame bean pastas that are much lower in carbs than regular pasta, but they are the most like pasta in texture that we have tried.
Check out some of our favourite pasta alternative recipes below;
Low Carb Emporium
Low Carb Emporium is the premium online low carb website in Australia. They launched in October 2017 and have grown to be the stockists of the best low carb products Australia has to offer. We love Low Carb Emporium and place an order with them every couple of months. Although at the moment it feels like we are ordering more like every couple of weeks.
Jack and Yvonne have gone from shipping products out of their garage to now needing a warehouse to distribute all our favourite products. We were lucky enough to be invited to check out their new premises and were impressed by all the wonderful products they have in stock now.
For this recipe you can purchase the below ingredients from Low Carb Emporium using our code for a discount – HAVEBUTTER5
- We love to top our creamy pesto fettuccine with toasted pine nuts and some extra parmesan cheese
- If you are cooking for more than two people you could easily double the recipe or make extra for lunches the next day
- In place of the Slendier edamame pasta you could use zucchini noodles, heart of palm noodles or konjac noodles if you prefer
- If you don’t have time to make your own pesto you can certainly use a store bought option, just look for the lowest carb one
- Instead of basil pesto in this recipe you could use a red, sun-dried tomato pesto, which would be delicious also!
Disclosure: The above post may contain affiliate links. We may earn a small commission from purchases made through these links, at no additional cost to you. Everything we recommend on our website are products we use and love. Thank you for supporting Have Butter will Travel and allowing us to share our low carb experiences with you.
You may need –
Keto creamy pesto pasta
Yes you can still enjoy delicious bowls of pasta on a ketogenic diet! This keto creamy pesto pasta is an absolute winner and honestly so easy to throw together. Add this recipe to your menu for next week and you will not regret it. This keto creamy pesto pasta is definitely going to give the pasta vibes. It is also packed full of flavour with the freshness of the basil and the creaminess of the cream.
I would definitely recommend topping with toasted pine nuts for a lovely crunch and toasty flavour.
If you like this recipe, please give it a 5 star rating.
If you like this recipe you may also like…
- Pan-Fried Salmon with Curry Sauce
- Keto Curried Sausages
- Keto Poke Bowl
- Keto mac and cheese
- Keto Egg Salad
- Keto Pumpkin Soup – Curry & Coconut
- Keto Teriyaki Salmon
- Keto Creamy Pesto Pasta
- Easy Keto Lasagne
- 18 of the Best Keto Soup Recipes
- grated parmesan cheese
- toasted pinenuts
- Bring a large pot of water to boil on the stovetop
- Cook the edamame bean fettucine as per the packet directions
- While the fettuccine is cooking, heat a medium-sized frying pan/skillet over medium-high heat
- Add the cream and the pesto to the frying pan, stir to combine and then bring to a simmer to thicken slightly
- Once the pasta is cooked, drain it and add it into the sauce and toss to make sure all the fettuccine is coated
- Divide the pasta between two bowls and garnish with additional parmesan cheese and pinenuts if desired