As the cold weather starts to settle in here in Melbourne, this keto chilli becomes a weekly staple. It’s so warming and hearty. There’s nothing better on a cold winters night than putting your ugg boots on and sitting on the couch with a bowl of this chilli.
This recipe is perfect to cook up a big batch on the weekend and have to take for lunch during the week or to have 1 or 2 of your weekly dinners ready to go in the fridge. After we cook up a batch of keto chilli on the weekend we store 2 servings in the freezer, have one that night and 1 serving later in the week.
The best thing about this is when we have the conversation a couple of weeks later about what’s for dinner, we can do the lazy option and grab out the frozen chilli. We actually get pretty excited when we remember we have frozen chilli in the freezer.
Struggle with lunch ideas? access our free ebook now
- This chilli is really good on it’s own. Just serve in a bowl and enjoy.
- Toppings. We love to add toppings to our chilli for extra flavour. Grated cheese, sour cream, guacamole and cilantro/coriander.
- Fried eggs. Adding 1-2 fried eggs on top of your chilli really brings it to the next level. It practically means you can have chilli for breakfast and/or eggs for dinner. Dan LOVES fried eggs so we often add a fried egg on this for dinner.
- Baked eggs. This is another way we love to use this chilli for breakfast. Just place your chilli serving into an ovenproof pan/skillet and make a couple of wells in it and then crack your raw eggs into the wells and bake till the eggs are cooked to your liking.
We would love to see how you take our chilli to the next level. Tag us @havebutterwilltravel on Instagram with your creations.
Check out our other delicious keto meals.
- Keto Cheesy Taco Omelette
- Keto Tuna Salad Lettuce Cups
- Crispy Slow Cooker Pork Belly
- Keto Prawn Cocktail
- Keto Chicken with Sage Burnt Butter and mushrooms
- Mexican Keto Chicken Pizza
- Tandoori Chicken Wings with Yoghurt Dipping Sauce
- Big Fat Keto Salad
- Carnivore Keto Burgers
- Keto Chicken Wings
- 500 g Beef Mince 1 pound ground beef
- 500 g Pork Mince 1 pound ground pork
- 250 g Chorizo meat (or 2 chorizo sausages) 1/2 a pound
- 1 tbsp Onion Powder
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tbsp Smoked Paprika
- 1 tsp Thyme, chopped fresh or dried
- 1 tsp Ground Cumin
- 2 tbsp Tomato Paste
- 2 Chipotle chilli in adobo sauce, chopped
- 2 cups Passata sugo
- 1.5 cup Bone Broth or stock
- 100 grams Butter 1/2 cup
- Salt and Pepper
- If you are using chorizo sausages, remove the skin and finely chop the meat
- Add the chopped chorizo sausage into a large pot over a medium high heat and cook until browned. We don't add any oil when cooking the chorizo and just use the oil that comes out of the chorizo.
- Add the pork and beef to the pot and break up by stirring with a wooden spoon. Cook until browned, stirring occasionally to avoid large clumps of ground meat.
- Add the tomato paste, dried spices and 1/2 tsp of salt and some fresh cracked pepper to the pot and stir to combine. Cook for 2-3 minutes to release the fragrance of the spices.
- Add the passata, bone broth and the Chipotle chilli in adobo sauce and bring to a simmer. Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add the butter and stir through till melted. Serve.
NOTE: THIS IS BASED ON THE INGREDIENTS WE USED, NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION MAY VARY DEPENDING ON THE INGREDIENTS USED.
Disclosure: The above post may contain affiliate links. We may earn a small commission from purchases made through these links, at no additional cost to you. Everything we recommend on our website are products we use and love. Thank you for supporting Have Butter will Travel and allowing us to share our low carb experiences with you