Looking for something moreish to take along to a Christmas party? Look no further as this keto chocolate salami is a hit with everyone and is so easy to make ahead. Crunchy and sweet with a rich chocolate flavour it is the prefect sweet bite at anytime of the day.
Keto chocolate salami
Chocolate salami is a traditional Italian treat known as Salami di Cioccolato which is popular at Christmas time. Traditionally it does not contain any meat, but is called salami due to the resemblance.
To ketofy our chocolate salami we wanted to find a crunchy alternative to the shortbread cookies that are normally included. It can be tricky to make a crunchy keto cookie, without traditional flour and sugar, so we ruled that out. Which led us to … pork rinds, yes pork rinds! I know, don’t freak out. The pork rinds just give a nice crunchiness similar to a rice bubble (rise krispie), trust me.
Tips for making keto chocolate salami
- Make sure they are good quality pork rinds/crackle chips with no junky ingredients and are light, airy and crispy.
- You can find our keto granola here
- Instead of the granola you can use a mixture of coconut and whatever nuts you have on hand.
- If you don’t have powdered sweetener (which is icing sugar consistency) you can grind granulated sweetener in a blender or food processor to make a finer powder.
Tag @havebutterwilltravel on Instagram with photos of your keto chocolate salami creations as we would love to see them!
Check out some of our other delicious dessert recipes
- Garlic yogurt sauce
- Teriyaki Chicken Rice Bowl
- Lemon Orzo Salad
- Honey Teriyaki Sauce
- Mexican Chicken Salad
- Avocado lime dressing
- Mexican tuna salad
- Tuna Salad without Mayo
- Panko Chicken
- Cream Cheese Pasta
- Melt the chocolate in a glass bowl over a pan of simmering water. Set aside to cool
- Beat the butter, sweetener and vanilla on high speed until pale and fluffy
- Add the egg and beat on low speed until combined. It may appear to split, but don't panic it will come together
- Add the cooled chocolate to the butter mixture and stir to combine until completely smooth
- Add the pork rinds and granola and stir to combine. Set aside to slightly harden so you can shape and roll the mixture
- Shape the mixture into a log approximately 30cms long on a sheet of glad wrap. Wrap tightly and twist the ends of the glad wrap (like a bon bon) to tighten and smooth the sides. Refrigerate overnight to set
- To serve, remove from the glad wrap. Dust with powdered sweetener and and slice into 1 cm rounds
NOTE: THIS IS BASED ON THE INGREDIENTS WE USED, NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION MAY VARY DEPENDING ON THE INGREDIENTS USED.
Nutrition Per Serve
Disclosure: The above post may contain affiliate links. We may earn a small commission from purchases made through these links, at no additional cost to you. Everything we recommend on our website are products we use and love. Thank you for supporting Have Butter will Travel and allowing us to share our low carb experiences with you.