This keto chocolate mousse is completely rich, decadent and super chocolately! The best part is this recipe is relatively easy to whip up using all supermarket ingredients. Keto chocolate mousse is the perfect dessert to serve if you are entertaining or having a dinner party. It can be prepared in advance, piped into individual serving glasses to set in the fridge, then topped with fresh berries and grated chocolate. Everyone loves chocolate mousse right?
As you progress through your keto journey you will discover that most recipes have a keto version and desserts are no different. If you have a favourite dessert, it is likely that there is a keto version of it somewhere on the internet.
The thing we love about keto desserts is we can make one of these when we are getting together with family and friends and we don’t feel like we are missing out. We are also not tempted by the sugary desserts on offer for others as we know ours is delicious and we can enjoy ours without feeling unwell afterwards.
Recently we attended a birthday dinner for Erika’s sister’s birthday. We knew there was going to be a big birthday cake, so we decided to take our sugar-free blueberry tart. No one else had our tart, as the cake was too tempting, but Erika and I thoroughly enjoyed it. The bonus was, we got to take the leftovers home and we had delicious leftover tart for a couple of days.
Keto Chocolate Recipes
Who doesn’t love chocolate? It is definitely one of our favourite foods and we love that we can still enjoy chocolate cake even while trying to watch our carb and sugar intake. We really like the 90% Lindt dark chocolate, but it did take us awhile to work up to a chocolate that is so dark. You may find it quite bitter at first.
Chocolate is so versatile and can be used to make brownies, cookies, cheesecake, fudge, fat bombs as well as this delicious keto chocolate mousse. We have so many chocolate recipes on our website because we just love chocolate keto treats so much!
Check out some of our other favourite chocolate recipes here;
We love to use Sukrin sweeteners in our keto baking and this keto chocolate mousse. We have tried loads of the sweeteners available on the market and have found this to be the best tasting option with no bitter after taste. Our family and friends, who are not keto, love our keto baking too when it is made with Sukrin. Also, it is made with our preferred sweeteners, a combination of stevia glycosides and erythritol.
Australians! Don’t worry, the Sukrin products are available for us too. If you are interested check out Sukrin Australia.
Our favourites from the Sukrin products are;
- Sukrin 1 – which substitutes one for one for white sugar
- Sukrin Gold – which substitutes one for one for brown sugar
- Sukrin Melis (Icing) – which substitutes one for one for icing or powdered sugar
- Sukrin Gold Fibre Syrup – this reminds me of golden syrup that we use in baking in Australia. It tastes delicious and is great for making any caramel recipes
- Be careful when you are beating the chocolate mousse mixture, as you can overheat the mixture and it will split. Once it has come together and is smooth and combined, stop whipping it.
- If you find 85% chocolate a little too dark for you or your family members then you can use a lower percentage chocolate, like 70% dark chocolate.
- For a special occasion, it is nice to pipe this keto chocolate mousse into small serving glasses and then top with a dollop of whipped cream, some berries and grated chocolate.
- Some suggested garnishes for this keto chocolate mousse are whipped cream, double cream, berries, crushed nuts, granola, grated chocolate or a drizzle of nut butter.
Disclosure: The above post may contain affiliate links. We may earn a small commission from purchases made through these links, at no additional cost to you. Everything we recommend on our website are products we use and love. Thank you for supporting Have Butter will Travel and allowing us to share our low carb experiences with you.
You may need –
- Electric Beaters
- Piping Bag
- Serving Glasses
Keto Chocolate Mousse
What is not to love about a good old keto chocolate mousse! Rich, decadent and completely satisfying. We wanted to make a keto chocolate mousse recipe that was rich and thick, but that didn’t use eggs, as a lot of people don’t like eating raw eggs. This recipe ticks all those boxes, but most importantly it is absolutely delicious!
If you like this recipe, please give it a 5 star rating.
If you like this recipe you may also like…
- Keto Strawberry Cheesecake Parfait
- Keto Anzac Biscuits
- Keto Chocolate Mousse
- Keto Eton Mess
- Keto Flourless Chocolate Cake
- Keto Blueberry Muffins
- Keto Coconut Pie Bars
- Keto Salted Caramel Custard
- 25 Easy Keto Desserts
- Keto Cheesecake Fluff
- Chop the dark chocolate finely and place in a small heat proof bowl, set aside
- Place ½ cup of pure cream in a small saucepan and heat until just before simmering point
- Pour the hot cream over the chopped chocolate and allow to sit for 1-2 minutes. Stir to combine and ensure all the chocolate is melted and the mixture is smooth. Set aside to cool down
- Allow the chocolate mixture to cool to room temperature, but still soft and stirrable
- Once the chcocolate mixture is cooled, place the cream cheese in a large bowl and beat with electric beaters for about 30 seconds to 1 minute, until it is smooth
- Add the powdered sweetener and vanilla and beat again until it is all smooth and combined
- Next add the remaining cup of pure cream and beat together until the mixture is smooth and has thickened, but is not quite soft peaks yet
- Stir the chocolate mixture together again and add ⅓ of the chocolate mixture to the cream mixture and beat for 30 seconds to 1 minute until it is smooth and combined
- Then add the remaining chocolate mixture and beat for about a minute, until completely smooth. Just be careful as you don't want to overbeat the mixture as it can split
- The chocolate mousse mixture is now ready. You can eat it as is, or place it in the fridge to firm up. At this point you could divide into serving dishes to set in the fridge or even use a piping bag to pipe the mousse into glasses, then set
- We like to serve the keto chocolate mousse with a dollop of fresh whipped cream and fresh berries