At 2g total carbs per serve these keto cheese crisps are a perfect low carb replacement for the traditional crisps and crackers you would serve with dips. We have served these to family and friends on a keto grazing platter and they are always the first to go. Everyone always loves them. Our favourite thing about this, is we can enjoy them as well.
Everything but the bagel seasoning
We have seen lots of our American friends enjoying their ‘Everything but the Bagel Seasoning’ from Trader Joes and we have always wanted to try it. When we travelled to the US in 2017 we headed to a Trader Joes in San Francisco to stock up. It is a combination of poppy seeds, sesame seeds, garlic, onion and salt.
Dan loves to add it to her fried eggs in the morning and we even needed to get a friend to bring us back some more when she went to the US earlier this year. But don’t worry you don’t need to go to Trader Joes to make this recipe! We have used similar ingredients of the Trader Joe’s everything but the bagel seasoning to create these moreish keto cheese crisps.
everything but the bagel keto cheese crisps
We have made our own cheese crisps for awhile now. We usually use cheddar cheese slices, but when we were in Hawaii, we saw Wholefoods had parmesan crisps and we decided to try them. They were flavoured with everything but the bagel seasoning and super delicious, but also very expensive.
Check out our Hawaii vlog where we visited Wholefoods for more great keto finds.
We loved them so much that we wanted to try and recreate them once we came home. Guess what, they worked out so great that we wanted to share them with you. The everything but the bagel seasoning ingredients adds extra flavour to an already delicious keto cheese crisp.
keto Cheese Crisps
You can use different types of cheeses. We have made them with parmesan and cheddar. We have found the harder cheeses work better as they are less oily. Our preference for these crisps now is parmesan cheese as we love the flavour and they tend to make a great crunchy crisp. Feel free to experiment with different types of cheese and see what works the best for your palette and preferred texture.
We hope you found this helpful. Check out our other ‘How to’ posts for more step-by-step guides
- How to Make Fathead Pizza Dough
- How To make Pulled Pork
- How to Roast Chicken
- Creamy Cauliflower Mash
- How to Poach Eggs
- How to Make an Omelette
- How to Fry Eggs
- How to Boil Eggs
- How to Scramble Eggs
- How To make Flavoured Butter
Tips for making keto cheese crisps
- We found using a silicon muffin mould worked really well. The muffin moulds result in a perfect circle shaped crisp. If you don’t have a silicon muffin mould, you could use a regular muffin tin or just line a baking sheet with parchment paper and shape the crackers onto the tray.
- Don’t add additional salt as the parmesan is already salty.
- Try to spread the mixture evenly in the tins. It will result in a crispier crisp and it will also look prettier.
- Try to use about a tablespoon of mixture for each one as that ensure that they aren’t too thick.
- These are a great snack on their own.
- Serve with keto dips including keto ranch dip, keto basil pesto and keto guacamole.
- Add to a grazing platter
- Crumble them on top of a salad as a crouton substitute
- Serve with our chorizo chilli
- Use to make a keto nachos
We would love to hear what you think about our keto cheese crisps. What is your favourite thing to serve them with?
- Preheat oven to 200 Degrees Celsius/390 Degrees Fahrenheit
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl until well combined
- Divide evenly between 12 muffin moulds. (It was around a tablespoon of mixture for each cracker). We used silicon muffin moulds for ease of removal. You could also use a lined baking sheet
- Place muffin moulds on a baking tray and place in oven and cook for 16-18 minutes or until golden brown
- Remove from the oven and remove from the moulds. Play on a wire rack to cool completely. Once cooled store in an airtight container
Nutrition Per Serve
Disclosure: The above post may contain affiliate links. We may earn a small commission from purchases made through these links, at no additional cost to you. Everything we recommend on our website are products we use and love. Thank you for supporting Have Butter will Travel and allowing us to share our low carb experiences with you.