At 2g total carbs per serve, these keto cheese crisps are a perfect low carb replacement for the traditional crisps and crackers you would serve with dips. We have served these to family and friends on a keto grazing platter and they are always the first to go. Everyone always loves them. Our favourite thing about this, is we can enjoy them as well.
Everything but the bagel keto cheese crisps
We have made our own cheese crisps for a while now. We usually use cheddar cheese slices, but when we were in Hawaii, we saw Wholefoods had parmesan crisps and we decided to try them. They were flavoured with everything but the bagel seasoning and were super delicious, but also very expensive.
Check out our Hawaii vlog where we visited Wholefoods for more great keto finds.
We loved them so much that we wanted to try and recreate them once we came home. Guess what, they worked out so great that we wanted to share them with you. The everything but the bagel seasoning ingredients adds extra flavour to an already delicious keto cheese crisp.
Everything but the bagel seasoning
We have seen lots of our American friends enjoying their ‘Everything but the Bagel Seasoning’ from Trader Joes and we have always wanted to try it. When we travelled to the US in 2017 we headed to a Trader Joes in San Francisco to stock up. It is a combination of poppy seeds, sesame seeds, garlic, onion and salt.
Dan loves to add it to her fried eggs in the morning and we even needed to get a friend to bring us back some more when she went to the US earlier this year. But don’t worry you don’t need to go to Trader Joes to make this recipe! We have used similar ingredients of the Trader Joe’s everything but the bagel seasoning to create these moreish keto cheese crisps.
We have since discovered Omi Salt, which is a small Australian company, making a great everything but the bagel seasoning. They even have some different flavour options like chilli or wasabi. Check out Omni Salt here.
You can use different types of cheeses. We have made them with parmesan and cheddar. We have found the harder cheeses work better as they arrive less moisture. Our preference for these crisps now is parmesan cheese as we love the flavour and they tend to make a great crunchy crisp. Feel free to experiment with different types of cheese and see what works the best for your palette and preferred texture.
Crackers are one of those things that have been pretty easy to make some great low carb options. If you love crackers and dip as much as we do, make sure you check out some of our favourites below.
If you are looking for some great low carb cracker options that can be found in Australian supermarkets, make sure you check out our you tube video below.
- We found using a silicon muffin mould worked really well. The muffin moulds result in a perfect circle shaped crisp. If you don’t have a silicon muffin mould, you could use a regular muffin tin or just line a baking sheet with parchment paper and shape the crackers onto the tray.
- Don’t add additional salt as the parmesan is already quite salty.
- Try to spread the mixture evenly in the tins. It will result in a crispier crisp and it will also look prettier.
- Try to use about a tablespoon of mixture for each one as that ensure that they aren’t too thick.
- Make sure you watch them. Cheese can easily burn and when that happens it will taste bitter. Our oven runs hot so we need to make sure we don’t over cook them.
- These are a great snack on their own.
- Serve with keto dips including keto ranch dip, keto basil pesto and keto guacamole.
- Add to a grazing platter
- Crumble them on top of a salad as a crouton substitute
- Serve with our chorizo chilli
- Use to make a keto nachos
Disclosure: The above post may contain affiliate links. We may earn a small commission from purchases made through these links, at no additional cost to you. Everything we recommend on our website are products we use and love. Thank you for supporting Have Butter will Travel and allowing us to share our low carb experiences with you.
YOU MAY NEED –
Everything but the bagel keto cheese crisps
These everything but the bagel keto parmesan cheese crisps are the perfect snack and are great to pair with your favourite keto dip. We love the flavour of parmesan cheese paired with the seasonings in an everything but the bagel blend. As the blend is not easy to buy here in Australia, we have created our own blend for this recipe!
Check out our other delicious keto snacks;
Everything But the Bagel Keto Cheese Crisps
- 1 cup parmesan cheese (finely grated)
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 tsp black sesame seeds
- 1 tsp onion flakes (dried granules)
- ½ tsp garlic flakes (dried granules)
- Preheat oven to 200C/390F.
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl until well combined.
- Divide evenly between 12 muffin moulds. (It was around a tablespoon of mixture for each cracker). We used silicon muffin moulds for ease of removal. You could also make small mounds on a lined baking sheet.
- Place muffin moulds on a baking tray and place in oven and cook for 10-12 minutes or until all melted and just starting to turn golden brown. Try not to overcook them as they may turn bitter.
- Remove from the oven and remove from the moulds. Place on a wire rack to cool completely. Once cooled store in an airtight container.