With Winter starting to creep up on us in Melbourne we have started adding this keto cauliflower soup recipe into our meal routine each week. This keto cauliflower soup is so warming on a cold wintery day. With it’s delicious smoky bacon flavour and the smooth and creamy texture, it is a perfect option for dinner or to take leftovers for lunch the next day. This keto soup is very quick and easy to make and stores well in the freezer. We love to have this portioned up in the freezer for a quick weekday dinner meal.
Keto Cauliflower soup with bacon
Cauliflower is a great base vegetable for this tasty keto cauliflower soup. It is low in carbs, adds a smooth and creamy texture when it is blended and takes on the smokiness of the bacon and the paprika.
Dan used to also think that soup was not an adequate main meal and was something that was more a starter or a snack. This keto cauliflower soup has changed her mind. This soup is so filling with the cream and the bacon adding delicious fat, that helps keep you full for longer.
As the weather starts to cool down here in Melbourne we are starting to replace our Summery salads with more Wintery warming soups. Soups are such a great option on keto, as it is easy to replace the carb from your favourite soups to make them keto friendly. You can replace potato with cauliflower in a soup like potato and leek or you can replace noodles with zoodles or konjac noodles in any Asian noodle soups or chicken noodle soup.
If you are looking for some delicious keto soups check out some of our favourites below –
- Keto Coconut Chicken Noodle Soup
- Keto Mushroom Soup
- Shrimp and Bacon Chowder
- Taco Soup
- Keto French Onion Soup
Cauliflower is probably the most popular low carb vegetable in the keto world. Is it any wonder with it only having 3g net carbs per 100g that it is a popular potato substitute. The other thing we love about cauliflower is that it is a perfect vessel for flavour making it a great side dish.
As cauliflower is so popular there are lots of amazing keto cauliflower recipes. If you are looking for some other great cauliflower recipes, check these ones below –
- Cauilflower Rice
- Keto Cauliflower Casserole
- Loaded Whole Cauliflower
- Creamy Cauliflower Mash
- Keto Cauliflower Salad
- Cauliflower Hash Browns
- When using hot liquids in your blender, you need to be really careful. When we use our blender for hot liquids, we take off the small lid within the main lid and cover it with a hand towel. Then place our hand over the top and pulse a couple of times to release any hot pressure. Then you can blend for a couple of minutes with your hand over the hand towel and it works well for us.
- Keep some of the cooked bacon to use as a garnish. It is a great substitute for croutons.
- This keto cauliflower soup is perfect as main course for lunch or dinner. It is so filling and delicious.
- Serve it as an entree at a dinner party. It is a real crowd pleaser and will even please your non keto friends.
- If you don’t have access to a microwave to reheat this soup at lunch, we recommend investing in a thermos and taking this soup to work in the thermos for a warm tasty dinner.
Struggle with lunch ideas? access our free ebook now
Disclosure: The above post may contain affiliate links. We may earn a small commission from purchases made through these links, at no additional cost to you. Everything we recommend on our website are products we use and love. Thank you for supporting Have Butter will Travel and allowing us to share our low carb experiences with you.
You may need –
Keto Cauliflower Soup
This keto cauliflower soup is smooth and creamy in texture and so simple to make. It will quickly become one of your favourite winter keto dishes. We love the smoky flavour of this soup from the bacon and smoked paprika. We also love that you can batch cook this keto soup and store it in the freezer for a super quick weekday meal.
If you like this recipe, please give it a 5 star rating.
If you like this recipe you may also like…
- Keto Osso Bucco Stew
- Creamy Bacon Noodles
- Keto Cauliflower Soup with smoky bacon flavours
- Keto Chicken Tenders – Sesame crusted
- Keto Chicken Burgers – Zucchini and Halloumi
- Keto Taco Salad
- Keto Quiche Recipe – Chicken and Asparagus
- Easy Tuna Patties – Keto and Low Carb
- Keto Chicken Bake – Bacon & Ranch
- Keto Cheesy Taco Omelette
- Place a large saucepan on medium high heat, heat the saucepan and add the bacon. Cook until the fat is all rendered and the bacon is crispy. Remove pan from heat, using a slotted spoon, remove the crispy bacon bits and set aside. Leave the bacon fat in the pan.
- Place the pan back on heat, turn the heat down to medium, add the onion and salt to the bacon fat and cook for 5-6 minutes.
- Roughly cut cauliflower into small florets. Don’t worry too much about the size.
- Once the onion is translucent, add the garlic powder and smoked paprika. Cook for 1-2 mins. stirring occasionally whilst it cooks to release the fragrance of the spices.
- Add the cauliflower and the stock to the saucepan, bring to a simmer and cook until the cauliflower is tender approx. 20-25 minutes.
- Allow the soup to cool slightly, add to a blender and blend until mixture is smooth and creamy. Please be very careful with hot liquids in a blender. We remove the small lid, used to add ingredients and cover with a tea towel. Then we would pulse a few times to release any pressure and then blend on high until smooth.
- Return the blended mixture to the pan on a medium heat, add the cream and half the bacon and heat through.
- Serve with the rest of the bacon sprinkled on top.