Breakfast is a pretty easy choice when you are living a keto lifestyle. Bacon and eggs are often our go to for breakfast most days. Having said that, occasionally we like to mix it up. Sometimes, we don’t have the time for a hot breakfast and just want something quick and easy. This keto breakfast smoothie recipe is so quick and easy to make, you can even drink it on your way to work if you are really short on time.
Keto Breakfast Smoothie
The thing I love about this keto breakfast smoothie recipe is the flexibility of the ingredients. You can really choose your favourite nut milk, nut butter and berries to custom make this keto breakfast smoothie to suit you!.
This smoothie is ready to drink in under 5 minutes. Just throw everything into your blender and blend. Simple. Pop it into your favourite travel mug and you have a perfect breakfast on the go.
Best Keto Smoothie Ingredients
Whilst you won’t be adding some of the usual popular smoothie ingredients like banana, tropical fruits and milk, you can still create a wonderful smoothie with some great keto-friendly ingredients.
Here are some of our favourite keto-friendly smoothie ingredients –
- Frozen berries
- Frozen avocado
- Nut butters
- Nut milk
- Collagen powder
- Protein powder
- Chia seeds
If you love smoothies as much as we do and are looking for a few different recipes check out some of our favourites.
Zero Carb Protein Powder
We like to add protein powder to our smoothies to really make them a nutritious meal and also more filling. Our preferred protein powder is Isopure Zero Carb. Not only is it zero carb but it is 100% pure whey protein isolate and sweetened with stevia, one of our preferred natural sweeteners.
We purchase our Isopure from iHerb because they offer free shipping to Australia and it is usually pretty fast delivery too. We usually stick with the creamy vanilla flavour as it is the most versatile. We can then add extra flavour ourselves with berries, cacao powder or coffee.
Isopure Zero Carb comes in the below flavours –
- Creamy Vanilla
- Banana Cream
- Cookies & Cream
- Dutch Chocolate
- Strawberries & Cream
Best Milks for Keto Smoothies
If you have been living a keto lifestyle for a awhile, you would know that cow’s milk is quite high in carbs and generally avoided on a keto diet. Even though we avoid regular cows milk, there are some excellent alternatives.
- Nut milks like almond milk, macadamia milk and hazelnut milk are a great low carb alternative to cow’s milk. You can make your own nut milk. Check out how here.
- Coconut milk. We love coconut milk. We tend to prefer the coconut milk in the can that can be found in the Asian section of the supermarket.
- Keto milk. Yes, you heard that right, keto milk. You can actually make your own keto milk using full-fat cream and water. Check out how to make your own keto milk here.
- We like to stock up on berries when they are on special or in season and freeze them. They are so great to have on hand in the freezer for smoothies.
- We prefer to use a high-speed blender for our smoothies, as they can handle the frozen fruit much better and ensure a smooth and creamy result.
- If you want to take this smoothie to the next level try adding some keto-friendly toppings. You could try some keto granola, coconut flakes, extra berries or cacao nibs.
- We love the versatility of this smoothie recipe because you can really use the ingredients you have on hand. Our favourite version is a combination of blueberries and strawberries with coconut milk and peanut butter.
Disclosure: The above post may contain affiliate links. We may earn a small commission from purchases made through these links, at no additional cost to you. Everything we recommend on our website are products we use and love. Thank you for supporting Have Butter will Travel and allowing us to share our low carb experiences with you.
You may need –
Keto Breakfast Smoothie
This keto breakfast smoothie recipe is perfect for a quick and easy breakfast, that is packed full of flavour. I love that this keto breakfast smoothie can use your favourite ingredients. If you prefer blueberries, you can chose them. My favourite combination is strawberries, peanut butter and coconut milk.
Let us know in the comments below, your favourite flavour smoothie combinations.
If you like this recipe, please give it a 5 star rating.
If you like this recipe you may also like…
- Bulletproof Mocha – Dairy Free
- Caramel & Peanut Butter Keto Shake
- Bulletproof Tea – Coconut & Chai
- Bulletproof Bone Broth
- Keto Hot Chocolate
- How to Make Bone Broth
- How to make Cold Brew Coffee
- Chocolate Fat Bomb Smoothie
- How to make Almond Milk
- 100 g frozen berries
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 1 tbsp nut butter
- 1 cup nut milk
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend on high for 1-2 minutes until smooth and creamy. Serve immediately