Bacon and eggs are excellent keto breakfast options but it is really easy to get sick of them pretty quickly. They can also require you to need some time in the morning to prepare them and also eat them.
These keto breakfast muffins are excellent to have when you feel like something different. It’s a great idea to cook up a batch of these on the weekend. You will then have them ready to grab and go on a weekday morning.
Keto Breakfast Muffins
They are really easy to consume on your commute to work or have quickly whilst you are getting ready for work in the morning. Dan likes to grab one after the gym in the morning and eat it whilst she is driving to work.
Erika enjoys one with her morning coffee. As she works from home, she likes to warm one in the mircowave and sit on the front porch on her morning tea break.
Ketofest 2018 – Our Breakfast Muffins Shine
In July 2018, we went to ketofest 2018 in new London Connecticut. We were lucky enough to be part of the cooking demonstrations on social Saturday. We chose to showcase these muffins and our keto cheesecake muffins.
We expected the sweet muffins to be a big hit, as they are an extremely popular recipe on our blog. Everyone we spoke to LOVED these breakfast muffins. They were by far the favourite of the two muffins.
Check out some of our other delicious keto breakfast recipes
- Pre heat oven to 160 degrees Celsius or 320 degrees Fahrenheit. Prepare your muffin moulds or cases. You will need to grease your tin. We use a silicon mould as they come out very easily and do not require any greasing
- Fry the chopped bacon in a frying pan/skillet over a high heat until browned and then reduce heat to medium and add the onion and thyme. Cook the onions slowly, stirring occasionally until onions have caramelised. Set aside to cool
- Stir the eggs and sour cream together in a small jug/bowl until combined
- In a bowl combine almond flour, baking powder, cheese and salt & pepper. Stir to combine
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry mixture and stir until all combined.
- Finally add in the bacon and onion mixture, including all the bacon grease. Stir to combine
- Divide mixture between your 6 muffin moulds
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until they are golden brown and cooked through
NOTE: THIS IS BASED ON THE INGREDIENTS WE USED, NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION MAY VARY DEPENDING ON THE INGREDIENTS USED.
Nutrition Per Serve
Disclosure: The above post may contain affiliate links. We may earn a small commission from purchases made through these links, at no additional cost to you. Everything we recommend on our website are products we use and love. Thank you for supporting Have Butter will Travel and allowing us to share our low carb experiences with you.