Looking for a new keto breakfast option to try? Then give this keto creamy baked eggs recipe a go tomorrow. It is very quick and easy to make with no special ingredients needed. Even though it is easy and uses basic ingredients it is still amazingly delicious! Pop this keto creamy baked eggs dish in the oven while you get ready for your day and then enjoy this completely satisfying breakfast before you head out the door.
Creamy Baked Eggs
I love how quick and hands off this breakfast meal is to make. It takes a couple of minutes to add all the ingredients to the ramekin, then you can have a shower and get ready for work while they cook away in the oven. The perfect easy weekday breakfast that really feels like a special and delicious meal.
Another thing I love about this meal is that I usually have all of these ingredients on hand, so I don’t need to be buying anything special. If you don’t have parmesan cheese? No worries, you could use another hard cheese like cheddar, that you have on hand. Don’t have any fresh chives? No worries, you can use any fresh herbs or even dried herbs. Whatever works for you!
I love eggs. To me, they are the perfect food. A comment I see all the time, is “I am over eggs, what else can I eat?” I won’t lie, I have a little internal thought – Are you crazy? How can you be sick of eggs. I would eat eggs most days. I love fried eggs the best and my standard breakfast is 2 fried eggs with some form of side, like bacon, avo or mushrooms.
Are eggs the perfect keto food? Let’s investigate.
First, let’s look at the macro breakdown of 1 whole raw 60g egg. (source of macronutrient data – foodstandards.gov.au)
- Calories – 76
- Protein – 7.6g
- Fat – 5.1g
- Total carbs 0.2g
Without getting too technical, they also pack some great vitamins and minerals into that one little 60g egg.
In my opinion, the thing that makes them the perfect food is I can eat them without worrying about carbs, they are really easy to cook and incorporate into your meals. I will often top a meal like our keto chilli with a fried egg if I am feeling hungry. I also know they will fill me up and keep me feeling satisfied.
Keto Egg Breakfast Recipes
The thing about eggs for breakfast is that they really are so versatile. The humble egg can be cooked and served thousands of different ways. Frittatas and crustless quiches are great make ahead options, as are egg muffins.
Here are some of our favourite keto egg recipes;
- This recipe serves one, but you can easily make multiple serves at once in seperate ramekins.
- This is a great option to prepare in advance if you are hosting a breakfast or brunch, just prepare the egg and cream mixture ahead of time and bake them when you are ready to serve.
- It is best to serve the eggs as soon as they are finished cooking as they will continue to cook as they sit out of the oven and the yolks can quickly go from runny to hard.
- the cooking time for this recipe is so the egg yolks are still a little runny. if you like a hard yolk, you may want to cook them for a little longer.
- You can vary the fresh herbs you add to your baked eggs, parsley or dill would be delicious too.
- In addition to the fresh chives you can also add some of your favourite dried herbs and spices like garlic powder, chilli flakes or Italian herbs. The flavour options are endless really!
Disclosure: The above post may contain affiliate links. We may earn a small commission from purchases made through these links, at no additional cost to you. Everything we recommend on our website are products we use and love. Thank you for supporting Have Butter will Travel and allowing us to share our low carb experiences with you.
You may need –
Keto Baked Eggs
You are going to want to include this keto creamy baked egg recipe on high rotation once you try it. You will realise straight away how incredibly easy it and then how absolutely delicious it is too! No more boring old keto egg breakfasts at your place please, get the oven on and cooked these up stat.
If you like this recipe, please give it a 5 star rating.
If you like this recipe you may also like…
- Keto Ham and Cheese Muffins
- Keto Creamy Baked Eggs
- The best keto pancake recipes
- Keto Egg Salad
- 14 Best Keto Muffin Recipes
- Keto Blueberry Muffins
- Keto Breakfast Smoothie
- Keto Hot Cross Buns
- Keto Granola – Chocolate Honey
- Bulletproof Mocha – Dairy Free
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup pouring cream (heavy whipping cream)
- ½ tsp chives, chopped
- 2 tsp parmesan cheese, finely grated (10g)
- salt and pepper
- Preheat your oven to 180C/350F and place your 1 cup ramekin or small oven-proof bowl on a baking tray
- Place half of the cream mixture into the bottom of the ramekin
- Add the two eggs to the ramekin, being careful not to break the yolks
- Sprinkle the chives and the salt and pepper on top of the eggs
- Top with the remaining cream and sprinkle over the parmesan cheese
- Bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes, or until the whites are just cooked through and the yolks are still runny. If you want the yolks more firm you will need to cook it for a few more minutes
- Serve immediately as the eggs will continue to cook, even after they are removed from the oven