There is something very comforting about a keto baked custard, and as it is a combination of cream and eggs it is a great keto-friendly dessert option. We love the flavour combination of chocolate and orange in our keto baked custard, I mean who doesn’t love chocolate?
One of the first recipes on our blog was our vanilla custard, which shows our true love of all things custard, and it is still one of our most popular recipes.
Chocolate & Orange Keto Baked Custard
Chocolate and orange are a perfect flavour combination and it works well in this delicious keto baked custard. This is the type of dessert we would serve when we have friends over for dinner. We love trying out our keto creations on our non keto friends. I am sure they love being our taste-testers as well.
It’s important for us to be able to serve keto meals and desserts to our family and friends, so we can still have our friends over and enjoy a meal with them. This baked keto custard has now been added to the list of foods our non keto family and friends love too.
Struggle with lunch ideas? access our free ebook now
I’m not sure if jaffas are just an Australian thing, but they are chocolate orange balls with a coating similar to an m&m. They are very popular in Australia and are an iconic part of going to the movies. Most Australian kids in the 70’s and 80’s would have rolled jaffas down a movie isle at some point in their lives. This keto baked custard reminds me of a jaffa.
Keto Baked Custard
One of my favourite pastries is a Portuguese tart. I also used to love a custard tart as a kid. Well, I am not eating tarts any more, but baked custard is an excellent replacement. I still get to enjoy that delicious baked custard taste and texture that you get in the tarts without the carby pastry part. Just sit down with a spoon and enjoy.
We’ve eaten this warm, at room temperature and out of the fridge the next day and would say we preferred it cold out of the fridge or at room temperature.
We love to use Sukrin sweeteners in our keto baking and this baked custard. We have tried loads of the sweeteners available on the market and have found this to be the best tasting option with no bitter after taste. Our family and friends, who are not keto, love our keto baking too when it is made with Sukrin. Also, it is made with our preferred sweeteners, a combination of stevia glycosides and erythritol.
Australians! Don’t worry, the Sukrin products are available for us too. If you are interested check out Sukrin Australia.
Our favourites from the Sukrin products are;
- Sukrin 1 – which substitutes one for one for white sugar
- Sukrin Gold – which substitutes one for one for brown sugar
- Sukrin Melis – which substitutes one for one for icing or powdered sugar
- Sukrin Gold Fibre Syrup – this reminds me of golden syrup that we use in baking in Australia. It tastes delicious and is great for making any caramel recipes
- Keto Gingerbread Cheesecake
- Keto Panna Cotta – Chai flavour
- Keto Chocolate Peanut Butter Muffins
- Keto Egg Loaf – Blueberry & Lemon
- White Chocolate Keto Fat Bomb
- Keto Whoopie Pies
- Keto Tiramisu
- Black Forest Keto Chia Parfait
- Choc Mint Slice – Keto Choc Mint Fat Bomb
- Sugar Free Blueberry Tart – Low Carb Dessert
- Preheat oven to 160C/325F and boil the kettle
- Place four ramekins in a baking dish
- Put all ingredients into a blend and blend until fully combined
- Divide mixture evenly between the four ramekins
- Pour boiling water into the baking dish, making sure it comes at least halfway up the ramekins
- Place baking dish in oven and bake custards for 30-40 minutes. They will still have some jiggle to them, but will no longer be a liquid consistency. The timing may vary depending on how deep and what shape your ramekin is.
- Remove from the water bath and allow to cool. We prefer to serve these at room temperature or cold with a dollop of whipped cream
NOTE: THIS IS BASED ON THE INGREDIENTS WE USED, NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION MAY VARY DEPENDING ON THE INGREDIENTS USED.
Disclosure: The above post may contain affiliate links. We may earn a small commission from purchases made through these links, at no additional cost to you. Everything we recommend on our website are products we use and love. Thank you for supporting Have Butter will Travel and allowing us to share our low carb experiences with you.