Pork belly has become more and more popular recently after shows like Masterchef made it trendy again. Before starting keto, we were more likely to have a roast chicken with roasted potatoes and other root vegetables on a Sunday. This habit stopped due to the change in our lifestyle.
After watching a cooking show, Dan was really keen to try pork belly. Over time, she has found the method that works best for us. We get great crackling cooking it this way. We like to have it was a spoonful of kim chi, this meal has replaced our Sunday roast now.
Pork belly is such an excellent keto cut of meat. Erika finds it very hard to eat the fattier cuts of meats, but pork belly is one cut she has grown to enjoy. Who doesnt love pork crackling. The best thing about pork belly is it keeps us feeling full for longer.
- 1kg Pork Belly
- 1-2 tbsp Olive oil
- 1-2 tsp Salt
- 1 Lemon, thickly sliced
Struggle with lunch ideas? access our free ebook now
- Ensure your pork belly has the bone removed and the skin scored. Our butcher is happy to do this for us
- Place the pork uncovered with the skin up in the fridge for 2 hours to dry the skin out
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius
- Pat the skin dry with paper towel to remove any moisture and then rub with olive oil and salt
- Place the pork skin side down on an oven tray and roast for 1 hour and 30 mins
- Remove the pork from the oven and increase the oven temperature to 220 degrees Celsius
- Turn the pork over, so the skin is up, place the pork on top of the lemon slices and roast for a further 20-30 minutes, or until the skin is crispy
- We love to serve the roasted pork belly with kimchi
- Roasted pork belly is great with asian flavours and would work really well with steamed asian vegetables like Bok Choy.
- Serve with roasted vegetables like broccoli, zucchini and radish.
We hope you found this helpful. Check out our other ‘How to’ posts for step by step guides on cauliflower rice, baking bacon, zucchini noodles and more.
- How To: Flavoured Butters
- How To: Roasted Garlic
- How To: Roast Pork Belly
- How to: Bone Broth
- How To: Quick & Easy Hollandaise
- How To: Cloud Bread
- How to: Make Ghee
- How To: Roasted Capsicum
- How to: Cheese Taco Shells
- How to: Cold Brew Coffee
Get your FREE eBook - 10 Easy Keto Packed Lunch Ideas
6 exclusive new recipes
Meal prep tips
10 quick and easy lunches
Never have a boring lunch at work again!