Zucchini noodles or Zoodles are a staple for a lot of people living the keto lifestyle. They have become so popular in the last couple years, you can even find them pre-packaged in the vegetable section of the supermarket.
Zoodles are very easy to make yourself, so save yourself some extra dollars and make your own. Our spiraliser has paid for itself over the years as it has meant we haven’t needed to buy the pre made ones at the store.
Struggle with lunch ideas? access our free ebook now
- Spiraliser – we like this one
- Use spiraliser to create zucchini noodles
- Place zoodles in a bowl and sprinkle with salt to draw out the moisture. We used 1/2 a teaspoon of salt for 2 large zucchinis. Leave to sit for 10-15 minutes until they reduce in size
- Squeeze the excess liquid out of the zoodles by hand
- I usually heat the zoodles up by adding them to the sauce on the stove that I am serving them with. Alternatively you could heat them in a pan with a little butter to warm through
With our Keto Cheese Sauce for a yummy alfredo style pasta meal. You can also add bacon and mushrooms to the cheese sauce to make a carbonara style sauce to top the zoodles with.
With Bolognese sauce. “Spag bol” is an Aussie staple and the Bolognese sauce is delicious served with the zoodles. When served with the zoodles you still get the pasta feel and can even get the slurping, if that’s your thing. We also love to serve them with our meatballs.
Raw in a salad (I would not salt and drain them if eating raw). We love them in our roasted capsicum and zucchini salad.
We hope you found this helpful. Check out our other ‘How to‘ posts for more step by step guides.
- How To: Flavoured Butters
- How To: Roasted Garlic
- How To: Roast Pork Belly
- How to: Bone Broth
- How To: Quick & Easy Hollandaise
- How To: Cloud Bread
- How to: Make Ghee
- How To: Roasted Capsicum
- How to: Cheese Taco Shells
- How to: Cold Brew Coffee
Get your FREE eBook - 10 Easy Keto Packed Lunch Ideas
6 exclusive new recipes
Meal prep tips
10 quick and easy lunches
Never have a boring lunch at work again!