In Australia it can be very difficult to find mayonnaise in the supermarket that does not contain junky vegetable oils.
The best option is to make your own and if you have a stick blender it couldn’t be easier. Once you have your homemade mayo it is a great addition to any meal to add flavour and fat.
- Stick blender – ours is similar to this one
- Wide mouth glass jar
- Measuring spoons
- Measuring cups
- 1 large Egg, room temperature
- 1 cup Avocado Oil or Light Olive Oil, not Extra Virgin (I used a combination of both oils)
- 1 tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar or Lemon Juice
- 1 teaspoon Mustard, I like Dijon
- 1/4 teaspoon of Salt
- Mix with tinned tuna, gherkins and onion powder and serve on rocket
- Use it to make our Keto Ranch Dip
- Mix with boiled eggs and curry powder then serve on seed crackers
- Add some crushed garlic and lemon juice for a delicious aioli
- Ensure your stick blender will fit into the glass jar opening. If not make the mayo in a jug or other narrow tall container and transfer it to the jar for storage
- Add the egg, vinegar, mustard and salt to the glass jar, then top with oil
- Place the stick blender in the jar so it is touching the bottom and turn it on to high
- Leave it blending for 5-10 seconds and you will see the mayo start coming together
- Slowly raise the blender to make sure all the oil is incorporated and then lift it up to the top to mix in any oil there (take care not splatter the mayo everywhere, just take it slowly)
- Once it is all combined you are done! Store in the fridge.
Struggle with lunch ideas? access our free ebook now
We hope you found this helpful. Check out our other ‘How to’ posts for more step by step guides
- How to: Omelette
- How to: Fried Eggs
- How to: Boiled Eggs
- How to: Scrambled Eggs
- How To: Flavoured Butters
- How To: Roasted Garlic
- How To: Roast Pork Belly
- How to: Bone Broth
- How To: Quick & Easy Hollandaise
- How To: Cloud Bread
Disclosure: The above post may contain affiliate links. We may earn a small commission from purchases made through these links, at no additional cost to you. Everything we recommend on our website are products we use and love. Thank you for supporting Have Butter will Travel and allowing us to share our low carb experiences with you.
Get your FREE eBook - 10 Easy Keto Packed Lunch Ideas
6 exclusive new recipes
Meal prep tips
10 quick and easy lunches
Never have a boring lunch at work again!